Easy food

(Dee Eichler) #1

Can anyone give me advice on easy keto meals. I dont like to cook so I can do meat and salad and a veggie but keep going over my protien. I started a week ago and then went off because I was frustrated on not loosing any weight. I now understand that i have to give it more time. I just need simple meals. Should I do bullet proof coffee? My macros for protein are 63 .

Eggs, bacon and cream cheese. Easy peasy.

(Caryl) #3

Tips from someone who likes to cook, but has limited time to do it:

1. Use your salad and vegetable as vehicles for getting more fat into your mouth :slight_smile: be liberal with butter, grated cheese and cream cheese

2. Fry your steaks in butter or lard

3. Eat Fat bombs, or cream cheese mixed with a tiny bit of vanilla paste and sweetener

4. Snack on Macadamia nuts

5. Boil a dozen eggs at a time, turn half into deviled eggs and mash the other 6 into bits with grated cheese and mayonnaise

(Allie) #4

Why so low for protein? How much are you actually eating?

I do cheap and easy keto meal preps based on the proteins that are on sale in a given week.

Otherwise, my pantry list is mostly geared around lazy microwave recipes.

(Dee Eichler) #6

I tend to go over to 90

(Noor Ullah) #7

Meat: Chicken (whole, leg, breast), chicken (shoulder, stomach, loin), meat (hanger, flank, sirloin, throw, filet mignon, perfect rib), high-quality chicken, ground or even hamburger meat (pork, meat, turkey, lamb), beef roasts beef, pork, bacon, duck
Sea food: Salmon, tuna, bass, tilapia, halibut, crab, lobster, swordfish, pollock, cod, oysters, shrimp
Fat and natural oils: Olive essential oil, coconut essential oil, flaxseed essential oil, avocados
Dairy products: Heavy lotions, grass-fed butters, difficult cheeses, ova
Nuts: Keto nut products and enthusiast butters (no additional sugars or even oils)
Reduced carb veggies: Leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, switzerland chard, mustard vegetables, and lettuce, eco-friendly beans, cabbage, oatmeal, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, eggplant
Condiments: Sodium, pepper, sugar-free herbal treatments and spices or herbs.

@Dee_Eichler, I’ve often referred to myself as the “laziest of lazy keto” around here.

Here’s one of my favorite meals, sardines, pickles and cheese. (I actually look forward to eating this!)

(Carl Keller) #9

Same here. A 12 oz ribeye is like 120g+ of protein and I’ve put down a dozen or so of these in the past 10 weeks… but it hasn’t slowed or stalled me. I use 1g per kg of weight as a guideline but I often exceed that by 20% at least 2-3 times per week. Bottom line is, if you are stalled then try to cut back on it. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. It’s just something to keep an eye on.

I did and still do a poorman’s version of it. I like what it does to my brain and the fat is enough to not need breakfast. It makes me feel totally alert and the coconut oil is a great inflammation reducer. I feel like I can be on my feet longer without them hurting. I do a teaspoon (used to do a tablespoon) of CO in my coffee with a tablespoon of heavy cream and 1 packet of stevia… sometimes a dash of cinnamon. If I am fasting, I will skip the CO and HC.