Dumbest thing you have read lately, post them here

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #21

" Studies have shown that Mc Donalds fries reduce hair loss"

Unfortunately, I only have the article in German…
I really made my coworker sad when I dissected the study to reveal it’s complete BS :joy:

• The study was done on mice
  • The study was done by giving them an isolated polymer that is used in McDo frying oil as an anti-foaming agent, not the fries themselves. (I was horrified by the 14 other components in that oil)
  • The improvement was only by 30% which makes the results irrelevant.

I loooove when the dudes geek out :heart_eyes:. Really makes me want to go back to school. And I will eventually.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #22

My Flatmate was “I read a study that without any sugar/glucose you die”
And I responded “Well that is true but does the same study tell you that you can produce that sugar yourself? Did the inuit die because they had no fruit nor candy?”

(Dan Dan) #23

Clearly you don’t suffer from hair loss Us baldies would do almost anything a 30% improvement would make my decade :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #24

Well you men have the advantage that it does not look too bad if you are lucky with your head shape :wink: (like Vin Diesel or Bruce Willis)
Women have it a bit harder here I think :joy:

Plus I did have quite some issues with hair loss before and when beginning with this WOE.
I firmly believe that zinc, enough calories and other things are more effective, plus have less side effects XD

(Doug) #25

:smile: Claudia, this really made me laugh on this fine morning.