Duke's Shorty Sausages

I don’t know what planet I’ve been living on but I just discovered Duke’s Shorty Sausages - amazing meat snack - pretty low on the carbage. I tried them a year or so ago (original recipe) and wasn’t impressed but recently got a variety pack on Amazon (Hot & Spicy, Hatch Green Chile, Cajun Andouille and Tomato & Basil) and all the other brands are awesome.

(Jessica) #2

I didn’t know there were other flavors! I have these around since I can’t do beef sticks (allergy). Good to know!

I love Duke’s. I find them at sprouts and some Wal-Mart neighborhood grocery stores.

(Jennibc) #4

I used to love those but we quit all added sugar and sadly, there is sugar in those.

Not a lot really.

(Janelle) #6

I buy them in 1lb packages off of Amazon. Love them. Expensive though - still way cheaper than at Sprouts or other places. Keep in mind that the peach and other ones are a little more carby.

https://www.amazon.com/Dukes-Sausages-Smoked-Original/dp/B01GGVUCMW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_pd_title&th=1

(Jennibc) #7

It depends how many you eat, right? There’s enough that I just stay away. Any added sugar is too much for me.

(less is more, more or less) #8

Yep, “no” to any added sugar.

(Janelle) #9

I typically eat 2 - sometimes 4 if more of a replacement for a meal - maybe along with some hard boiled eggs. I took them on a plane to Greece and on a weekend trip to Savannah this past week. They were great for when there was nothing but true sugary junk available.

(Jennibc) #10

We used to get the cilantro lime. I thought it had 2 grams. Either way, I am trying not to prime my sweet tooth (or really, sweet teeth).

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

I like the hot and spicy, no added sugar. Great with sauerkraut and a side salad for lunch.

I tried a lot of beef jerky thingos, didn’t like any of them and they all had lots of sugar added. I love my Duke’s tho’.