Dry Farm Wines

(Bart) #1

I have heard about Dry Farm Wines on multiple podcasts and have always been interested. I have never been the biggest wine drinker and have been hesitant to fork over the money to try these out. They are keto, yes a keto wine. I would not mind having some bottles on hand incase at a dinner party I would like to indulge in some wine with the other guests and not feel the guilt ingesting carbs or have to stop at a single serving while others continue. Just curious.

(Stephanie Hanson) #2

I feel the same way. I emailed them to see if I could just buy a couple bottles as gifts. No response.

(matt ) #3

Do you not drink distilled spirits? They are zero carb.

(Bart) #4

Yes I do! Bourbon and Vodka! Love them. I just think sometimes it would be nice to enjoy some wine with others that are without feeling any guilt. Variety is nice as well. If there was a super-low or zero carb beer that did not taste like @#!% I would like that too for times I am with buddies who are all drinking beer. Do not get me wrong, my cocktails will do the trick.

(Sandra Watson) #5

Keep trying, I met them in San Diego - they try to respond. I was able to test the wine and I found it ok for my liking but I actually found FitVine more to my liking. I think I have a direct email for him, I will try.

(Stephanie Hanson) #6

Generally speaking I don’t drink at all. I’ve read it drops metabolism for many hours. I’m working toward a couple fitness goals. That downtime isn’t worth it to me. However, 1/2 a glass at Thanksgiving would have been a nice treat. I also have alcoholism on both sides of my family and a half sister whose a poly substance addict. So, I try not to push my genetic threshold.

(Stephanie Hanson) #7

Me ex DH is a home brewer. I often wish there was a great zero carb stout or Black and Tan. I do miss those craft beers on occasion.

(Stephanie Hanson) #8

Nice. Is FitVine also low carb and all that other good stuff too? Do they sell a couple bottles at a time?

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I wanted to answer this question for Stephanie and others. I spent 20 minutes on Fit Vine’s site awhile back trying to figure all of this out and then decided to buy a couple of bottles. Unfortunately, shipping costs were too high for my tastes. Then, I clicked on their store locator (duh): https://www.fitvinewine.com/apps/store-locator/

I found a store within 2 miles of me who carried them for about $13/bottle, which was cheaper than the site. You may find a store near you.

I bought some chardonnay, but have not tried it yet.

Thanks for the link! I tried it and found they sell this wine at a gas station near me. Gotta love California!!!

(What The Fast?!) #11

I bought the Dry farm wines. We’ve tried one bottle so far, it was okay. Will let you know as we get through more.

(Stephanie Hanson) #12

Thank you for the update. Are they low carb?

They’re sold at Whole Foods here. Not close but I can combine an errand with a quick wine grab. Since it’s Whole Foods, it’ll probably be more expensive than the site. Sigh.

Yep. 3g or so per glass. And at about 14% alcohol, pretty strong so I’ll probably drink only a glass or two, max. https://www.fitvinewine.com/pages/about-us

(KB Keto) #14

It’s been 12 hours, have you drank them all yet?! Impatiently awaiting your slurred response.

(KB Keto) #15

Most Dry Wines are 4.2-ish carbs per glass at around 10-14% alcohol… Fitvinewine is 3 and priced right. The Dry Farm Wines are " statistically carb free." but at about $27 a bottle and you have to order 6 to find out if you like them.

If you are only drinking a glass or 2, in reality regular dry wines are not going to kick you out of ketosis. I know we are all on a quest to stay as low carb as possible, so these are life choices only you can make, but do so with knowledge and have fun!

Most people will be fine with regular wine and at reported $13 a bottle, the Fitvinewine seems like a smart choice to try out. The price is right and the carbs are worthy of a glass of Bacchus’ finest.

I like an occasional glass of dry red wine, and since I eat ‘zero’ carb, the few carbs in the wine don’t bother me at all.

I recently read that European wines have less sugar (by law), and I found some French wines at my local store that are both cheap and delicious.

I would buy Dry Farm, but I don’t like their insistence on buying in bulk–and buying online is annoying because a signature is required for delivery. And even when I’m home, my delivery guys tend to press the doorbell and run, so I wind up having to go pick it up–just too annoying when I can get nice wine at my local store.

(John) #17

Am I missing something. Fitvine has about 3.9g of carbs per 5oz glass acording to their website. Isnt that pretty much the same as any other cab out there

(Sue Kitchell) #18

I love Dry Farms Wine! They have great customer service. They have always responded to any issues or questions that I have. I purchase a half of case every other month of their reds. I really can not afford anything else. I did not know there was another place to purchase a healthier wine that are low carb and without any sulfites and chemicals. I will try their wine soon. I do not live near a Whole foods, but I may go ahead and purchase a case on line of the Cab or the Pinot or a mixture. I may travel to Albuquerque and go to a Whole Foods before I am able to purchase this online. Any reveiws on the Cabernet or Pinot’s from this company? I generally have loved most of the wines from Dry Farms Wines but when I did not, especially if there was more than one bottle from the 1/2 of case that I purchase, then I have written them that I was not happy with the wine and they have sent me a couple of bottles to replace them. Great customer service right?

(Sue Kitchell) #19

Thank you for the tip about French and/or European wines. I will check it out!