Dresses

(Marianne) #1

My husband and I have a wedding to go to in two weeks. I’ve lost 22 lbs. now (although not one person has noticed, which I am finding honestly humorous - doesn’t matter to me and I know I’ve lost). Having no clue where I am size-wise, I ordered probably 15 dresses and had them shipped to our house. The thought of shopping at the mall this early is still too depressed. Anyway, I think all but three of them fit, which is a small miracle in itself. I couldn’t believe it. And today I tried on “the one.” Love it and feel so good in it! Now I’m excited to get some shoes and a long necklace. Feeling great and very encouraged!

(Elizabeth ) #2

Woohoo! That’s so exciting! Yeah, hardly anyone has noticed my weight loss either - sometimes I’m glad and sometimes I’m disappointed. :grin:

(Khara) #3

Very cool! Happy for you! :dress::high_heel::high_heel::+1:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

Congrats!

(Carl Keller) #5

Congrats Marianne! You deserve every one of those 15 dresses. I’m just curious to know how many pairs of shoes you will order to match those 15 dresses. :flat_shoe:

(Bunny) #6

I know the feeling when your over weight you get use to the idea of looking at bigger clothes. Sitting their looking at something in the store thinking how the heck am I going to fit in that tiny little thing and you slip it on and it’s loose, oh yeah now we’re getting somewhere! :+1:

(PSackmann) #7

That is fantastic!! Enjoy “the one” and wear it proudly, even if no one else notices. You’re the only one who needs to notice.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #8

What a great NSV! Well done! :dancer:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

That is great. Be sure to post a picture of you in the outfit when you get the other items to go with the One.

(Marianne) #10

Ha, ha; thanks, @Carl! Just ordered about eight more! (I used to love dressing when I was thin/thinner.) I am only keep two total, though - one for the wedding in a week and one for a wedding in July. Hopefully by then, however, I’ll be in a different size and want to try on more! If I don’t hurry up and return these, my credit card bill is going to be huge!

(Marianne) #11

:grimacing: Eeeee, that’s a tall order. I hate taking my picture, let alone posting it! You all might think it’s an old lady dress.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #12

That’s what blurring faces (or cropping) and posting anonymously is for!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #13

Old lady dresses are my very favorite. I wear a dress every day except when I’m in fleece leggings and a t shirt at home. I would also love to see your new dress!

(Marianne) #14

Awwwww! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Marianne) #15

Today I returned “the One.” Turns out it wasn’t “the one.” Tried it on again and it looked like a mother-of-the-bride dress, and that ain’t me. It was sparkly, though, and I loved that. Got a different one that I really like. Returned the original one I purchased for smaller size - and it fits great! While I was out, picked up a long necklace and earrings for it. Still going to be old lady and wear stockings. :laughing:

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Still want to see you in the dress. Nothing wrong with stockings. Get your hubby to take your picture, so you get a full body shot. It is good to take pictures along the way on your weight loss journey. The camera sees things we don’t see. Sometimes it is a bad thing but often it is a good thing.

(Marianne) #17

Girrlll, you look fabulous; you’re at the point where you can wear a sack and rock it.

Congrats!!! I, too, would love to see a pic of you in the dress! But, only if you’re comfortable taking a pic and posting. I don’t like having my pic taken at all, so I feel your resistance.
I haven’t lost as much as you, but, I am anxious to try on some smaller sizes soon. Thank you for that inspiration!!!

(Marianne) #19

Here’s a few pictures of me in my dress. :blush: (FYI, I googled “how to pose for a picture” before my husband took this. I had to keep looking at the pictures and adjusting myself before we took it. No lie, I kept losing my balance in the second picture. I had to hold my breath and tell my husband to hurry!)

Got another wedding at the end of July. Can’t wait to go dress shopping again.

(Marianne) #20

P.S. That’s Bambi the Baby on the floor in the second picture.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: