Dr Tim Noakes on John B Wells Program

(Jo Lo) #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We92hhje98c

Sorry, posted too soon, he never gets to Tim Noakes on this clip, it’s a long political rant (some may find it offensive). The Noakes interview starts at the end of this clip and requires payment.

So I went ahead and purchased this episode because I like to follow Tim Noakes.

The 2 hr interview is very good. It gets into the weeds about science, political tricks, industry bias, insulin resistance, hunger and obesity, wheat, sugar, Atkins, the ancestral high fat/low carb diet, inflammation, chronic pain & nutrition, arthritis, eating organ meats, the failure of treatment of chronic disease, diabetes, the low fat/statin model of disease, banting, ketones, fasting, the cause of Alzheimer’s/dementia, overdrinking water, problems with the USDA dietary guidelines, curing diseases with diet, nutrition of the Plains Indians, and a lot of interesting personal stories.

Key quotes: “If you want to get your brain working properly, it needs a lot of fat and cholesterol”.
“Ancel Keys lived to be 100 because he didn’t follow his own advice”.
“If you want a new idea, read a really old book”.
“Cancer is a carbohydrate-driven disease”.

Wells is a good interviewer and asks questions I’ve never heard Tim answer before. Tim goes into a lot of depth. Wells is clearly impressed and inducts Tim into the Order of Ark Knights, as “Sir Timothy”. Wells’ final words are “Was that amazing, or what?”

This is not for everybody, but I am not disappointed!

(Jamie Hayes) #2

Did you mean the book: Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer - Jun 26, 2012 by Thomas Seyfried?

(Jo Lo) #3

No, Jamie, that’s a quote from Tim Noakes (clearly out of context). Listen to the interview for elaboration, he does say a bit more. There are other prominent doctors saying this about carbs and cancer, including the Director of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NYC.