Dr. Paul Mason - 'From fibre to the microbiome: low carb gut health'

(Wendy) #1

I don’t know if this has been shared. I found it interesting. Thoughts anyone?

Low carbohydrate diets are unsafe and should be avoided

Sounds about right to me! I played the high fibre game for years - only to be told that my problem was that I needed was even more fibre. Intuitively I knew the advice was wrong (for me), would avoid high fibre foods and had to feel guilty about hiding the fact that I didn’t eat my raw veggies/bran/grains like I was “supposed” to. Finally on low carb my gut has never been happier. Along with my mood :grin:

(Wendy) #3

Glad you found something that works. I was kind of sad about the cauliflower though. I’ve actually been having more problems with loose lately. Maybe a little too much fat or the mag isn’t agreeing with me.

(Matthew) #4

I was just writing about this video and his others in my newbie thread. how doesn’t this video have tens of millions of views???

(Running from stupidity) #5

His accent alone tells you he’s awesome.

(Bob M) #6

Whoa! One bowel movement every day for zero fiber versus one bowel movement every SIX days for high fiber. That’s insane.

(Bob M) #7

That is a bummer about some of what we eat being FODMAPs. Cauliflower, in particular.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #8

Fascinating. I did find it interesting about the FODMAPS, but he didn’t expressly say they weren’t good for you unless you had problems. Unless my understanding is incomplete (which is possible). So my take away is that I don’t have to worry about fiber, which I have been I have been , now I won’t.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #9

And makes him so much more believable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: