Dr Kraft passed away today

(Richard Morris) #1

I’m very glad Ivor got to know him and interview him before his passing. Dr Kraft’s work will continue to make big strides, and fortunately recently (and thanks to Ivor) he was given the spotlight and the respect he deserved.

(ianrobo) #3

sad news, a true pioneer in his field and will be recognised more in death than he was in life.

So sad to hear this. I only became aware of him last year through Ivor C’s Youtube video, and then ordered his book.
I’m thankful for his work and only wished the medical profession had paid attention to him earlier. But, like he said to Ivor, “you and other young individuals will carry on for me”. (Paraphrasing as it’s been awhile since I watched the videos)

(David) #5

It’s sad to think he never got the recognition he deserves. However, I like to think that maybe he saw something in people like Ivor, and died knowing that his work, and indeed passion, didn’t happen in vein.

RIP Dr Kraft.

(Keto in Katy) #6

RIP Dr Kraft, and thank you for your significant contribution to our understanding.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #7

I too only got to know about Dr Kraft (in my case very recently) thanks to the interviews that Ivor Cummins did. (Thank you Ivor, for those, and much else besides). I’ve also ordered Dr Kraft’s book.
R.I.P.

(Kilua) #9

It’s truly sad to hear about the passing of Dr. Joseph Kraft. I didn’t know he passed away so long ago. His contributions to understanding and preventing diabetes were significant, even if they were not fully recognized during his lifetime. His insulin assay method was groundbreaking in identifying diabetes at an early stage, allowing for earlier intervention and better management of the disease.
I hope he got a great Bevel Marker as a commemorance of his excellent work. It’s a beautiful way to remember and pay tribute to someone’s life. May Dr. Joseph Kraf rest in peace.

(Bob M) #10

I am amazed that Dr. Kraft thought of the idea of taking both glucose and insulin for a glucose tolerance test. It really does show both glucose and insulin control in ways that no one was thinking of, or really currently thinks of.

He was a brilliant doctor. Kraft discovered you can make the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes much earlier (sometimes decades earlier) than the standard OGTT by also measuring insulin. He also found that people with normal OGTT may still have an abnormal insulin response. Those people who respond with excessive secretion of insulin to 75g of glucose are at very high risk of eventually developing T2D as well. Sadly, his protocol is not used or has very limited access. It has not proliferated within the medical community. I’m not sure why this would be the case, except that following his protocol, it might be too time-consuming (5 hours). Others have done a modified version that will test insulin over a two-hour period with approximately 4 extractions.