Dr Bernstein diet solution question

(Empress of the Unexpected) #171

You do not have to read books. Do you like utube? What is your preferred way of learning about keto? We were trying to help, but you seemed not to appreciate the help. Especially @Baytowvin, one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, you were lucky to be able to get his help. Leg cramps - I do not supplement with anything other than salt and vitamin C. I got leg cramps initially, but I now eat a cup of spinach a day. No more cramps. We are trying to make it simple for you, but you are fighting us. My breakfast, bacon and salad with blue cheese dressing, sometimes I skip lunch, today I had chicken with the skin on. Dinner, meat, broccoli, lots of butter. It doesn’t have to be as difficult as you are making it. Really. I track to make sure I don’t go over on carbs. Tracking is a personal decision. Go to dietdoctor.com. Many good ideas there.

(Running from stupidity) #172

Getting help from him isn’t the issue. Getting him to shut up is.

:metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #173

I’m a fan of his! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #174

You’re pretty cool as well!

(TJ Borden) #175

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: if you figure out how, my wife would like to know too

(Empress of the Unexpected) #176

This lays it all out…

(Running from stupidity) #177

Well, as of yesterday he’s already spoken for. By an Aussie. And you know you can’t compete with that.

(Running from stupidity) #179

Well, there’s a reason for this. There often isn’t one. Which is what we keep saying.

OTOH, you appear to be WAY overthinking it. Eat to keep your carbs under 20g/day, and don’t look at calories. Don’t fast, don’t do anything fancy, just eat to keep carbs under 20g, and don’t under-eat.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #180

I know, YOU Aussies!!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #181

The potassium magnesium thing. Impossible to get the RDA, don’t know where they came up with it. Take a multi - get 100% of everything, except mag and potassium. Even pre-keto, I looked into it. You would need to eat like tons of bananas and avocados to meet it. Yet, at my annual blood tests, I have never been deficient. Spinach, avocado, nuts and seeds. A bit of that every day and I guarantee your muscle spasms and twitches will stop.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #182

See, we are still here - how is that for an awesome forum? You might have done so already, but give us your weight, height, age, and an (honest) week’s worth of everything you put in your mouth. We can help. I’m six months in - and not turning back. Was it completely easy?? No!!! Just calm down and send us all your info.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #183

No need to stay away - just take our advice. Do you drink plenty of water?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #184

I threatened to leave once, too - about three months in. THEY wouldn’t allow it. So I grew a thicker skin, and am glad I did.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #186

10% body fat??

(Empress of the Unexpected) #188

Just eat meat and veggies for a week. Or better yet, just bacon, eggs and meat. I guarantee you will lose weight.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #189

Just calm down and take our advice. I was rail thin until menopause. Then I gained 45 pounds. Lost a few before keto through hiking. I have no willpower at all, but I stopped carbs (and especially my 8 glasses of milk a day) and lost the weight.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #190

Oh, and even @Baytowvin will tell you fasting is optional. I personally cannot do it. Forget the fasting for now, just eat whole keto foods when you are hungry, but try not to snack - every time you eat your insulin is raised.

I eat once or twice a day. I do a 2-3 day fast every couple of weeks. I get plenty of protein. I do not get hungry often. I like to eat so I do it. You do not understand fasting…and I personally have never gotten dizzy or have felt anything but good fasting.

Those books were suggested to give another resource to help YOU understand.

Edited to add my delicious dinner and make @Baytowvin drool a little

(TJ Borden) #195

Hey buddy. Why don’t you change your profile pic back so people can recognize you?

(TJ Borden) #197

You’re seriously going to play dumb? I can go ahead and copy excepts from the other thread (I bookmarked it because you were so entertaining) if you’d like me to.

Your attitude was the first clue, but it’s not completely unique. It was frisbee golf that really gave it away. Then looking back, you were pretty much saying most of the same stuff. Of course add to that the timing… this account joining right after the last one was kicked