What do you think of Dr. Berg’s teachings on keto?

The thing is, “DR” Berg as it was mentioned previously is not a Dr, Not a dietitian, not a nutritionist and he is giving medical and nutritional advice. It doesnt "just mean that he received the 6 hours of (totally wrong) nutrition “education”. It means that he is in no way qualified to give any advice on the internet or in the real world about vaccines for example (he is anti vaccines), or about “adrenal fatigue”, which according to all endocrinolgy societies to date, it doesnt even exist. He promotes keto for EVERYBODY. And while it is true that keto has many benefits, it doesnt mean it is the ONLY way and not even the BEST way. It suits many, but not all. And he does use DR to give more weight to his opinions. He promotes a lot of pseudoscience for sure. And is is definitely a zealot who doesnt see and respect medical consensus.

(bulkbiker) #197

Someone else isn’t a fan…

From a carnivore site…!

(Omar) #198

lol

that 10 cups advice got me in serious trouble

I almost died

(Adam Kirby) #199

Berg’s “10 cups of leafy greens a day” is completely nutty. No. Just, no.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #200

Yeah, but think of how much blue cheese dressing it could hold! :cheese:

(Kay baker) #201

Well said…agree with you 100%. !!

(Anita Quinto Quirk) #202

Can relate, but never got anywhere near to that benchmark!

This…some of these responses are silly at best. But who am I to judge? I never follow any 1 person blindly and take what I can from several people with knowledge that helps me stay my course, including uneducated people in this forum who have never taken a single nutrition class. I’ve taken several nutrition courses, gone to aplenty MDs and yet today I’m still obese, hurting, not healthy and having to lose 106lbs (already loss 27lbs). Yes, I was 133 pounds overweight, listening to “real doctors” (as some say here), yo-yo dieting and hating myself for more than 15 years. I found Dr Berg and my life changed. He led me to other keto MDs that also really like, Dr Berry being one. I don’t follow any person in a cult-like fashion like I see some doing with keto, but will I discredit Dr Berg or any other keto person for helping people live longer, painless lives…NEVER!!

(Omar) #204

I could not said it any better

(Running from stupidity) #205

That doesn’t mean they’re uneducated.

I found Dr Berg and my life changed. He led me to other keto MDs that also really like, Dr Berry being one.

Given he’s not an MD, he can’t lead anyone to “other” keto MDs.

I don’t follow any person in a cult-like fashion like I see some doing with keto

Yeah, real cult going on here. Be more vague with your assertions, it really helps.

but will I discredit Dr Berg or any other keto person for helping people live longer, painless lives…NEVER!!

Well, good for you. None the less, the actual truth of the information above is in no way changed by your opinion.

According to this very post, many are if they aren’t an MD

Him not being an MD (I KNOW he isn’t one) is irrelevant when his videos led me to other MDs who educate people about keto. So, yeah…this is irrelevant.

Take my OPINIONS how you will, but I’m not one to argue over the net…I’m through with it lmao :joy:

The fact that Dr. Berg is the vehicle some people had to be brought into Keto, and that’s why they have an emotional attachment to him, is irrelevent to the fact that he sends money to the Church of Scientology, so by clicking his videos and buying his products, you know there’s a chance where that funding is headed.

I mean I used to like Kanye’s music, before he went full MAGA, but I don’t support him or his crazy conspiracies with my money anymore.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #208

You guys are harsh. So even if he does good things for people all that is erased because he gives money to Scientology? Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I didn’t know before today, this thread, that he was a practicing Scientologist. I’m not one to judge, so frankly I don’t care what he practices. Yes, I have bought a book from Dr Berg. Will I buy more products?Likely, no because I got enough in that one. Yet…probably, if I see something I cannot resist. That’s how I buy, in general.

Well he also advocates not vaccinating children, and I don’t [spoiler]fucks[/spoiler] with people like that.

I don’t care how otherwise nice a person is. If I find out they’re a 9/11 Truther, a Birther, a Flat Earther, a Scientologist, or any other whack job, it calls their entire advice into question. And it’s not like Dr. Berg is the only person advocating Keto. There’s plenty of other options for people without throwing support his way.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #211

I agree that those are dumb things but if I closed my ears off to every human who said dumb [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] I’d be deaf. I use my brain to listen, pick out what applies to me or makes sense and ignore the rest of it. The mind is like a parachute and all that.

And quite honestly, I don’t have it in me to keep track of every person’s past, side interests, affiliations, etc, and to counteract that I also take everything I see and hear with a grain of salt.

(Omar) #212

so if your doctor has a different relegion he is evil

and his knowledge is corrupted

(Robert C) #213

It seems funny to me that in a “Show me the science” thread we would go after someone’s affiliations and non-keto-domain thoughts.

Might be better to refute something keto-specific he said or wrote (or start another thread in some non-science category and rant over there?).

Well I mean the literal title of the thread is “Dr. Berg - what do you think of him?”

(Robert C) #215

You are correct - this thread should be moved or re-titled.