Dr Berg or Dr Berry?

conversationstarters

(Carl Keller) #241

My apologies sir. I’ve not met many FDs so forgive my limited experience with them. I’m sure there are some zesty ones I’ve yet to meet. Maybe you are that guy. :wink:

(Jason Barden) #242

No worries! I seriously didn’t take offense. I just spotted an opportunity to lighten the conversation up a bit. I’m just having a bit of fun. :+1:

(Running from stupidity) #243

It needed lightening up, so I took it there, and it was a good decision, although it wasn’t universally acclaimed when I began pushing in that direction, but I knew where we’d end up (well, vaguely, but that’s good enough :slight_smile:

written eulogies over and over, etc.

I admire your preparation skillz, bro.

I think there is a ‘natural selection’ process at work with those with funeral-related employment; people are going to be stressed, emotional, etc., quite often. Those who aren’t sensitive and adaptive are going to get bad reviews.

Yeah, totally.

(Darrin Ritter) #244

Berry, he speaks from experience of the poor dietary advice he took and gave out, in my book he’s more credible

(Empress of the Unexpected) #245

Get out of town!

True story :ghost:

Went a couple of years in row actually :smile: They knew how to let off steam!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #247

@anon54735292 Explain a Christmas party at a funeral home. Also explain why, when my former partner’s mother died, he was offended the body van was black and not white. I’ve really started something here @CarlKeller, haven’t I?

It was their office Christmas Party to which I was invited because I had regular business dealings with them :slightly_smiling_face:

This I cannot explain! I do remember hearing an English woman once complain loudly about white hearses though - she though it tacky :roll_eyes: Moaning about the car colour at a funeral was apparently in perfect good taste!

(Carl Keller) #249

Good thing you’re a very likeable stuff starter. :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #250

Wholesaler…

Assassins gonna assassin :facepunch:

(Bacon for the Win) #252

I agree, trophy wife. Even worse if she met him at work. The old stereotype of nurses just looking for a doctor to marry is alive and well. I see it quite often, young new grad RNs going after new residents and vice versa. Or the clinic nurse and the owner MD. Either way, I hope they’re happy together and keep spreading the keto word. I can do without the clothing, makeup, and style advice tho.

Call me old and crotchety. It’s ok.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #253

Why would you even mention this? People are (last time I checked) free to marry whomever.

(Running from stupidity) #254

And it’s at least the second time I’s been brought up. I guess it’s because he talks like a hillbilly[1], and they’re only meant to marry cousins who are missing teeth?

[12] Not actually an expert on hillbillies.

(Brian) #255

Never know, maybe the two of 'em are just crazy for each other? :slight_smile: Hope so… cause when it’s good, it’s good. :wink:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #256

Sorry - had a bad experience with the trophy wife meme. I was married for 17 years and had a beautiful daughter, but realized at some point her father and I were just friends. I filed for divorce. I went to get the mail from our original house. The new owner burst out with “Oh, your hubby got himself a trophy wife.” I did not bother to explain. Saul’s wife is 60, active, and very attractive. I’m happy he is happy. We both remarried. So again, marry whomever.

(Bacon for the Win) #257

Follow the thread replies dear. Free to voice my opinion, as are you.

My husband is 14 years older than me and we still get side-eye from strangers :roll_eyes: I had to quit giving a [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] what people who don’t even know us think.

(Running from stupidity) #259

I’m 12 years older than my wife, that that would probably happen if I ever went out, too.

No doubt :roll_eyes: [spoiler]Fuck[/spoiler] 'em.