Down a pant size

(Ryan Tuttle) #1

I went shopping and i ended up buying pants with a 31" waist. Ive never worn a 31" waist before!!! At my max i wore a 38".

I had to share with someone :slight_smile:

(Erin Macfarland ) #2

Congratulations!! :smiley::smiley: so happy for you!

(Linda Culbreth) #3

Awesome! You deserve another piece of :bacon:!

(Darlene Horsley) #4

Congratulations!!! Awesome job!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Yay! Time to celebrate!! :bacon::bacon:

I didn’t realize they made pants that small…nice job!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #7

Congratulations! That is awesome and also inspiring!

(Ross) #8

Congrats there Ryan!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

The expensive side of keto. Gotta love it, 31" is awesome.

(Doug) #10

:smile:

Congratulations, Ryan. Man, some day I’m gonna start my size with a “3”…

(Brian ) #11

Good stuff! I was stoked this weekend when I found a huge box of pants in my closet----9 pairs of pants that fit me now! Plus a few shirts that don’t gap between the buttons anymore! Score! Everyone asks me how I am buying all of these new clothes! If I was in a 31" waist, I would take you all out to a Keto friendly dinner! Congrats Ryan.

(Brian) #12

Congratulations, Ryan!

I’ve been wearing 44" waist pants for so long I forget how many years. I know I’ve had the same pairs of jeans for at least 5 years so it hasn’t changed all that much in those last years before going keto. They’re to the point they won’t stay up without the suspenders, even with a belt on. I don’t want to buy new pants yet, though, because I’m not quite half way to my goal. I’d have thought almost 40 pounds would have taken a bit more off of the waist but I really so notice the reduction in “dunlaps disease” (you know, the “belly done lapped over the belt” thing.) :smiley:

(Doug) #13

Brian, same here - 54 lbs. gone but essentially only one size lower, 46 to 44. Well okay, that 46 was pretty tight and most of my work pants had no button anymore. As a sophomore in high school, age 15-16, it was a 34, and that stayed through most of my 20s. That would be a huge, long-term goal.

(Ryan Tuttle) #14

Yea its interesting how we lose weight. It seems like ive lost substantial amounts of fat in the arms/chest/face but not in the belly region. I wish i had been keeping track of other measurements than weight and waist size.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

Same here. The fat is coming off in reverse order of deposition. My belly is actually smaller than it was, but it’s not really looking any different yet. Fortunately for my ego, however, people are starting to notice a bit. I used to have a 28-inch waist, back when I was 28. That was a long while ago!

(Sophie) #16

I’ve kicked myself for not taking more thorough measures since Keto, especially since I sew! And I’ve noticed that the weight comes off in different ways too. I’ve lost a lot in the face/underbust/arms and I wish I had been measuring my thighs but they seems to keep hanging around like my belly…never to late to start I suppose. Congrats on your victory! Smaller clothing is Always great motivation!

(Linda Culbreth) #17

Go to your nearest thrift store and spend 20 bucks for enough clothes to tide you over to the next size. And, as a reward, eat a piece or two of :bacon: for every item you buy or donate!

(NF) #18

Fabulous! welcome to the newer you. i’ve always been a size 12 or 14, not bad for me/my height, but i put on about 50 lbs. a few years ago as I, uh, matured. Doctor said point blank, after looking at my numbers, “you’re gonna die.” I first went on whole30, that worked, but my numbers were still out of range. I went on Dr.Richard Bernstein’s 6-12-12(read the book if ur numbers are starting to look gruesome) and that did the trick. Been on it for awhile and maintaining very well. I eat a lot, but no one believes me, lol! Good luck with your teeny waist and better lifestyle.

(Gracie) #19

That is fantastic. How exciting. I’m so happy for you! :blush::+1::blush:

(Greg Hollingsworth) #20

Way to go! :+1::+1: