Don't fast on zero carb :) good video

(Elizabeth ) #2

Yep more people need to see this

I know, so agree. Cause so many add so much to ZC when none of that is ever needed. Drives me nuts to forget something so simple, just eat meat and thrive :slight_smile:

bump

pic is worth a thousand words LOL

(JJ) #7

Huh.
I had no idea, figured fasting went hand in hand with most forms of keto/LC/ZC. 3:34 is resonating with me at this current point in my day, I am ridiculously flipping hungry! My intention was to do 42hours with a teeny bit of fat only as needed to get me through.
This is refreshing, I am considering ZC for a month and see how I go. Fasting and traditional keto got results for me, too good a result really- I ended up underweight, feeling crappy and amenorrheic. So what happened from there is like Julie in the video above, I have overcompensated and gained back more than intended.
I logged in today as I figured going back to longer fasting was the way to get back on track, losing the excess and then maintaining…glad I saw this post as maybe there is another way. I know I cannot overeat meat- I get nausea and my body clearly tells me to S.T.O.P.
Hmm it could also be a case of me ‘hearing what I want to hear’ in reading this thread and watching the video when my body is hungry though

HI!

Eating if you truly think about it the key to finding health. How and what we eat is a factor obviously :slight_smile:

I am glad you read that and we have more videos and info over in the ‘zero carb/carnivore’ section of this forum.

and we have zc challenge thread going on right now for Oct and we will be starting a new one for Nov and you are more than welcome to join if ya wanna try zc and need some support. All of us there are doing zc and rocking it out :slight_smile:

I feel great eating 2MAD in a 6 hour window. I hate being hungry, though, so I never fast.

Before I went carnivore I had to eat every 2 hours, 3 at the very latest, and after that my whole organism just collapsed: extreme irritability, fatigue, nausea. I had to lie down until food was served (I always carried snacks with me to avoid this).

A bit more than 2 years in I feel great eating twice a day and not snacking before bed. Before I had to eat 30 minutes before going to bed, otherwise I would wake up too early from hunger.

I hope this will progress to some sort of natural OMAD. My dream would be to eat as the mongols: feast every second day :smiley:

wow ya been carnivore full on for 2 years now? yes it makes a world of difference in our lives with ‘years’ under our belt eating this way. Unless one goes ‘here’ one can’t understand what we gain :slight_smile:

great post—I am the same. 11-about 6 is my eating time and I just eat big on 2 meals and am super happy thru it all LOL

any interest in our zero carb threads running to join up for zc chat and more…we have alot of us now who are full on zc/carnivore now on this site just doing carnivore and doing well on it!?

(Ethan) #11

I think this is pretty key. It’s almost always ok to “fast” if you are not hungry. Fasting longterm is debatable in terms of benefits. Some people (like me) actually do it, but I don’t really do the very long fasts anymore. I do a lot of alternate-day eating, and with that I am actually not “starved” or “super hungry” during the fasting period. Many mornings, I am not hungry at all because I just ate so much the previous day, and then I often find that by night I still don’t need to eat anything. That next day, I will wake up and feel hungry and eat.