Don't believe this net carb junk

Off the net: Manufacturers came up with the term “net carbs” in the early 2000s when low-carb diets began to catch on. But there’s no official definition of net carbs, and the net carb count on labels can be deceiving. Net carbs are meant to represent carbohydrates in food that you can digest and use for energy.

AND WHAT is the truth? Profit. Sales. This is not ‘real science’ truly and if one does not count ‘total carbs’ in a food they ‘can easily wreck their healing’ and progress for true health changes.

while obvy we zc people are never ever, will never ever be!, about net carbs or ANY plant carbs, I swear what is being done to the lc community and the Keto plan community is highway robbery on such simple truths.

KNOW that real total carbs in fresh food are life and progress and a journey and leave the ‘manufacturers’ and their greedy profits behind on fake food.

Come on here. I got SO SCREWED over NET CARBS when I walked into low carb and looked for health. I was a train wreck and then someone said, net carbs is for profit, who are we kidding here cause Atkins company jumped HOOK LINE AND SINKER on that train real fast for sales…then many followed suit.

I learned real fast from success people IN ALL plans to count total carbs ONLY. There is more truth and science in that one sentence than any of the net carb info out there truly.

TOTAL CARBS in real fresh food you eat. Simple as that truly. Yet we are dazzled by having so many more carbs if we ‘net them out’ and what a friggin’ crock that is as all of us ‘want more carbs’ in our life and we want what we want and not leave our beloved processed crap behind so we cling…that was me point blank. I was a clinging to carbs point blank and tried SO darn hard over years to balance that net stuff out and then I gave up…luckily I went directly into count all carbs in fresh food and left that ‘manufacturer greed for profit’ food behind.

Yea took years for me and I fought like a dog thru it all LOL
I laugh now, it was not a laugh matter back then when I went thru it all :slight_smile:

of course while this is ZC forum and we eat no plant carbs it is a wake up call for newbies coming into zc and want results. Come into zc eating all you need, all you want, all you desire as you need it and do not look back. Drop all the net carb info, the starve your but and don’t eat info, don’t rely on liquids to curb your appetite, do not allow food to be your enemy cause meat/fish/seafood is your healing foods!

We eat fresh meat/seafood/fish and alot of it. We might eat some dairy if it suits us. We drop what we are told is ‘ok thru net carbs for fake sweeteners’ cause we all know, we been there, done that and that crap doesn’t work.

This is more of a rant for the lc/keto rant I came from into zc.

ZC gave me what I needed point blank but that walk here was brutal with the net carb crap and ‘all they promised’ thru the products and I would be more than fine if I bought their product and out it in my eating plan.

ugh this is a monster rant about it all, from me personal. I don’t ever never ever want to go back there in my life.

so yea I ranted, vented and more HAHA and I like to get this stuff out every now and then cause it just truly cements in the fact that we are being ‘played for dollars’ on our lifestyle and true health and how to achieve it and once I got stopped being fooled thru it, my life changed so much for health it is miraculous, but geez, real fresh food, what a miracle right? Geez, duh LOL and sad thing is it took me a while to figure that out :slight_smile: ugh

again, a rant I wanted to post just to be free from the buildup of all I see in such poor nutrition being plugged as net carb healthy and all the while it is all about your wallet and not darn one other thing.

No one cares about YOU from a food product selling point of life…only you are your only best advocate! Fresh real food, what a concept LOL

count net carbs and all crap I could keep in my life is where I started in lc etc but when I went total carbs in fresh real alive food…life changed for the better real fast til I realized I needed a carnivore approach for the best fit in life for me. personal walk on that one of course. Win for sureon count total carbs in all foods you eat and fresh food only. Drop the profit mongers!

chat up on it, I let loose on it :wink: Boy if we knew, truly knew and acknowledged what we know now about our food supply?? ugh…we are led by the nose ring like sheep to slaughter about our health out there. Sick truly.

Fresh food all the time! Count total carbs. You can’t lose on this and it is the best way to go into a big change. Just my experiences I type out!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Fortunately, if you are eating ZC/carnivore, both your net and total carbs are the same: essentially zero. (Setting aside minor concerns, such as the glycogen in meat, etc.)

aboslutely! :wink:

What I did was a net carb for profit to screw ya over on processed food rant from my older days trying so hard to figure it out!

When I do my zc forums I see nothing but what I require, but on a ketogenic forum or lc forum where I also got friends, when I read…XYZ or ABC I can just have to throw out some of my old lc info and my personal walk thru it all.

again a rant and a vent and a chat

I get quite a few of carbs from animal food but I don’t really care until it’s not too much sugar…

Fangs, do whatever works for you. I don’t care about total carbs, never did, only net matters. My body works like this. I got fat adapted eating lots of total carbs (never counted as it would have been an unnecessary bother with my old eating habits but I probably consumed 80-100g very often) and I felt really good (not as good as now when I eat well but it’s surely due to other changes - like my significantly lowered net carbs). So I never will care about my total carbs much - but on carnivore(-ish), I stay low even with my total :smiley: So it’s a moot point, actually, at least when I stay close to carnivore. But when I eat more carbs, I only focus on net and I only track my net as total never mattered to me, according to my experiences. (And I especially focus on a low simple sugar intake, it doesn’t matter plant or animal, I am a bit sensitive to both. I learned what matters to me.)
I could do experiments with very low net and high total but it would be forced and I am not sensitive enough to draw serious conclusions… And well, I can keep both low if I really try so I work on that.

If I couldn’t do my keto with my generous net carbs limit and unlimited total (except I trained myself to consume as little sweetener as possible without raising net carbs, I needed my high total to keep my net carbs low enough for ketosis in the beginning), I probably would still do low-carb at 80g net. So I am very happy I never tracked total and never used a low net limit, I would have been doomed. I was lucky, a different approach worked for me and I arrived to the point where I am and I know I will evolve further.

Net vs total carbs isn’t a problem on carnivore. Unless someone considers their woe carnivore even if they drink sweetened drinks. I don’t. I actually have some aversion to sweeteners now, sometimes even off carnivore. It’s interesting as I tend to use sugar (sweet dairy or fruit) to sweeten my things, it’s somehow cleaner to me. Well my total is lower this way and my net is barely affected with it too while my joy is raised if I do it well so I am fine with this change. And not surprisingly, I very rarely need sweetening at all after my carni days. It’s a little relief.

Net carbs caused some problems for me but well, total would be the same too. Tracking is impossible anyway in many cases. But the worst regarding tracking is eating fatty meat. I never know my macros then. It’s good nothing happens if I don’t know my exact macros.

Net carbs are somewhat vague, indeed. As totals. Sometimes I was a bit lost, I never figured out the carbs (net or total) for certain items… But as long as I mostly depended on proper food, it didn’t matter that I got 1 or 2g, net or total from something insignificant.

Tracking itself is a bother. And it doesn’t help very much, at least in my case. I am mostly just curious and sometimes it’s useful for improving my woe.

Companies are quite horrible quite often, we know that. If you are against bullshit and overpriced or overprocessed things, I can relate though it never will be so personal as I didn’t bought such things on low-carb. I made my own food from simple ingredients. Sometimes I used not proper, valuable food items too as they helped, they were the lesser evil or some extra joy. Many of us do that in the beginning. Or even later if it works, why not?