Don’t even know how to describe this

I’ve had this “thing” on my right eyelid for years and years. It’s kinda squishy, about half the size of a pencil eraser. Not squeezable. Right in the inner corner of my eye.

I just looked in the mirror and it’s 90% gone! Like if you didn’t know to look for it, you wouldn’t even notice it. I don’t know if it’s keto-related, but since it seemed like it was some kind of fatty stuff in there, I’m going to go with keto.

I was very sensitive about it, so YAY!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Sounds like it might have been a chronically infected tear duct maybe. Did your eye water from time to time? :cowboy_hat_face:

Both my eyes water a lot. I’m very sensitive to light. It never felt like an infection, as it was never inflamed. Just a weird lump/bump.

('Jackie P') #4

I think this is Xanthelasma! A fatty deposit caused by hyperlipidaemia!
Google the images and see if thats what you think it is🙂

I actually ran across that term on an old thread here and looked it up. It does look similar to what I had, which is what prompted me to look in the mirror. Guess I need to google hyperlipideamia now cuz it doesn’t sound good.

('Jackie P') #6

Haha! It’s basically high cholesterol or tryglicerides. So the fact that it’s going is a NSV!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

Every damn night, I keep thinking I need to get eye drops to combat it before it starts in the afternoon. My eye doctor told me he thought it was chronic dryness from reading a lot every day. At a certain point the tear response just goes crazy. People think I am starting to cry it’s so bad sometimes. My autistic son is certain that I feel sad even though I smile, assure him that I’m happy and it’s probably just eye fatigue. I’m like an old hound dog with drippy eyes. :cowboy_hat_face: