Does zerocarb single handedly defeat the idea of calories in-calories out?

(Steak and iron) #1

If you are eating literally nothing but digestible food (protein, fat, water, salt), you would have to never go to the bathroom for the whole calorie dogma to be correct. So unless everyone here goes months without sitting on the toilet we can pretty safely say there’s more to the story than just calories!

Wow! Really interesting perspective. Bravo!

That’s a really good point. Certainly, there is something excreted when eating ZC. So, calories out is not only through energy output.

I will post this picture again, as I think it mimics @stupidrobots point:

(Dustin Cade) #3

Love it!

(Siobhan) #4

You also “excrete” when fasting - dead bacteria and cells from what I understand.
But I do believe excess stuff not needed (calories etc) is chucked out in the same manner like for people who eat 10k a day… as much energy as possible is used via heat, cell repair, etc but above that the rest gets thrown out

(Genevieve Biggs) #5

I am confident that ZC beats CICO, but poop is not the proof. Poop is mostly bacteria. It’s not supposed to be food matter.

I know several individuals who eat 3-4 lbs of meat per day and still lose weight. That’s roughly 3000-4000 calories. Yeah. CICO is garbage for those not eating plants.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #6

I am on day 43 of a fast with water, coffee, broth, and heavy cream and I had a normal bowel movement today that was more volume than I had expected! Previous movements were, not including the first few days: day 19, very watery; day 33, semi-watery semi solid.

I hope I’ve cleaned out a lot of old waste!

(Norma Laming) #7

Is that right? I’ve always understood that a large proportion of faecal matter is bacteria / microbiome stuff.