Does this sound like a thyroid problem?

hypothyroid
thyroid
health

('Jackie P') #61

:hugs: from me too x

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #62

So I’ve been to the docs - my first set of blood tests were a dud! The second lot came back much better- he also reassured me that even if the second lot were wrong, there would have been other things he picked up on.
He’s said my folate is down which could explain my tiredness, as for my dry skin maybe that’s a keto thing?
Luckily my kidneys are all clear, the symptoms I’ve been experiencing are most likely due to my lung infection as my inflammation is up…I showed him my feet and he wasn’t all that worried…
Still gonna keep an eye on my lungs though as I’m not comfortable at all. Still not sure about my memory loss either which is a concern for me.
But no issues with my thyroid or kidneys so I’m happy again!

(Susan) #63

That is wonderful, Clare! What about taking some MCT oil daily for the memory issues? There has been a few threads on here about the benefits of it for memory and suppressing appetite, reducing sugar cravings, etc. It is just a thought =).

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #64

Clare, I’m so pleased!

The things like the memory loss and dry skin and fatigue are all signs that your body is dealing with stuff. That was a humdinger of a chest infection you had last month - things like that are a massive deal for the body to deal with and get over. The kidney infection I had in 2016 laid me low from the beginning of August until mid October. I felt so poorly for so long - eventually the doctor said ‘recovering from an infection as serious as the one you’ve had is akin to recovering from pneumonia - it’s a big deal’ (months was mentioned), and I had to promise to take it easy, and not give myself the pressure I’d been heaping on myself to get back to work/some semblance of a normal life!

Easier said than done, though, right?

(And I don’t have a small child to look after!)

More hugs from me for good measure.

:kissing_heart:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #65

Thank you @KetoSnaps this does make perfect sense.
That infection did beat me up a bit - I’ve always been so used to getting back to normal quickly that I thought I’d have recovered by now…I knew I wasn’t quite right when I did a workout last Monday. I could literally feel my lungs inside of me so I decided to stop! :laughing:

As my mum kindly reminded me earlier…I’m not as young as I used to be! :rofl: #thanksmum

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #66

I did think about the MCT oil actually…I’ve got a bottle of it in my drawer at work! I was always a bit reluctant as I didn’t want to add anymore fat to my daily intake? Maybe I should just give it a go?

('Jackie P') #67

Aww I’m glad it’s not as bad as you feared. I did wonder about post viral syndrome, I had swine flu about 8 years ago and it took about 18months to get over the associated pneumonia. Did he order a chest xray?
You did rush back to work, maybe take a day or two to rest. Have a little chaffle therapy🙂

(Jennibc) #68

Did he test your vitamin D levels?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #69

Oh wow that’s a long time!!!
I didn’t get an x-ray- I’m going to monitor this though and if I don’t feel right then I’ll go back and demand one. I’d like to get back to my exercise but not all the while I’m like this!
Definitely chaffles therapy tonight…I wonder what wine would go best with a Chaffle…red or white?! :thinking:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #70

No he didn’t @Jennibc

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #71

I’m also deeply relieved that I didn’t damage my kidneys with my potassium supplements. It was in the back of my mind all week that I’d some how caused this damage to myself!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #72

Save yourself the bother of choosing!

Both! :wine_glass: :clinking_glasses:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #73

I like the way you think!!! :star_struck:

(Jennibc) #74

That’s surprising because a lot of your symptoms are similar to a vitamin D deficiency and a lot of people suffer from that. Especially if you live in a place with a lot of cloud cover, you are at risk. Do you take a vitamin D supplement?

('Jackie P') #75

It was. I wasn’t laid up or anything, but I had a persistant cough that was worrying as I was a heavy smoker for many years. I was worried about COPD, or worse, but the xray showed residual infection!
Enjoy your wine! I’m not jealous, honest! :innocent: 24 days!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #76

I actually can’t imagine you as a heavy smoker! :joy::joy:
Super proud of you for making it through the month with no drinkies!!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #77

I live in the UK so we don’t get a lot of sun here! :laughing:
I ordered some calcium and vitamin D tablets ages ago, but got scared off because calcium can cause problems…should I just get vitamin D on its own?

('Jackie P') #78

Haha! I’ve been a heavy everything in my time! :wink:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #79

:joy::joy::joy:
We got lots in common then!

I have to totally agree that some of your symptoms are very close to what I experienced when my vitamin D was crazy low, I just found the supplement pictured here, it combines the VD with K2 (saw a Dr Berry video about the importance of this being taken together). I haven’t had any tummy issues with this unlike the Vitamin D liquid tabs that I found out were corn and soy oil based!