Does this sound like a thyroid problem?

hypothyroid
thyroid
health

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #41

Haha that’s exactly what she did! :joy::joy:

Now that I think about it, she did say something a long those lines (see! My memory is cr*p!) Which is why she wanted me to go for more tests.

I’ve noticed it more yellow than usual actually but again I’ve never thought much of it.

(hottie turned hag) #42

Ok great.
Dehydration is likely the culprit, running further labs is the right move.

Drink lots and watch your urine; if it looks good that’s a great sign.

Waiting for labs sucks rancid ASS.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #43

After Looking at my potassium citrate bottle, I can take up to 5 of these a day…I take two. Surely that can’t be enough daily to damage my kidneys?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #44

I’m always thirsty therefore I’m always peeing! :joy: I’m going to pay more attention to it now

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #45

Thank you! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

(hottie turned hag) #46

Personally I’d avoid all supplements pending lab results. Better to have a clean slate going forward for follow up labs if anything is questionable.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #47

Yeah good idea!!!

(hottie turned hag) #48

Great. Because if she orders f/u labs in a week or whatev, to see changes, you’ll want to have removed those factors (supplements) in case they are influencing results, so a baseline can be established.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #49

It’s gonna be a long week without my mag…:speak_no_evil:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #50

I just wanted to add, without having read the full thread in depth, that your symptoms sound more like those of the respiratory virus I am currently fighting, than they do like my father’s and sister’s hypothyroid symptoms.

Also, as far as migraines are concerned, I find that keeping my salt intake up is the best defence. Migraine auras are one of my indicators that I am not getting enough salt. Fortunately, if an aura starts to develop, I can almost always head it off by eating a small handful of salt (probably about 5 grams’ worth, more or less). That saves me from having to go lie down for a minimum of two or three hours.

I am very fortunate that on keto my auras never (at least so far) seem to develop into full-blown migraines, because if things get to that point, the only effective treatment is a couple of days’ bed rest.

(Susan) #51

I wish you all the best as well, Ellen, hugs for you as well =)).

(Ellen ) #52

Thanks so much Susan. You’re so kind. It’s like Clare said…the waiting is the hardest thing.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #53

So I have another docs appt this morning (feeling nervous) to discuss the rest of my blood test results that came through.
In the mean time I’ve started to get symptoms of kidney problems- I noticed my feet are swollen now, I woke up this morning with puffed up eyes. I can’t lay down and read a story with my daughter at night because my lungs feel so uncomfortable and painful. I’m going to bring this up to the doc today.

On a better note though I did have a good chat with my line manager yesterday and disclosed my terrible memory problems I’ve been having…I feel so much better having that out in the open. I ordered myself some pretty post-it notes to help me remember stuff! :joy:

(Susan) #54

Awww Clare, giant hugs to you! I really hope that they can figure out what is going on and get this sorted pronto!! Please keep us posted what is happening, we all are concerned and adore you to bits and want you healthy and well.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #55

Aww! Thank you Mom! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: Will keep you posted…wow you’re up late over there! :laughing:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #56

Thinking of you, Clare. :kissing_heart:

('Jackie P') #57

Ditto!
I have just come back to this thread and I really do wish you well. Let us know how you get on, and don’t be fobbed off, get a proper referral.
Take care hunni! I’m glad they are treating you ok at work. :pensive:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #58

Thank you Jax. It’s a different doc so I’ll have to explain it all to him all over again :joy: I’m not leaving his office until I’m happy I have all the info.
I did feel like an arse having to tell her my memory is crud! So embarrassing! Xx

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #59

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #60

It’s a symptom, so well done for telling her! One of the many dots they need to join up.

Do you have access to hugs today? Here’s one to take with you: :hugs: