Does anyone else sleepwalk and eat carbs?

(Mike D) #1

I apparently sleep walked in the middle of the night and ate a bunch of chocolate covered frozen bananas. I also for some reason decided to trim my moustache while sleepwalking!

I woke up laying in a pile of Dole wrappers, with a ruined moustache, bed and clothes all covered in chocolate. OMG WTF!!?? This is so absurd!!!

Now I am out of Ketosis and I look like Warf from Star Trek

wow never.
can’t even imagine that truly.
hope you can overcome? no idea what steps to ‘fix that issue’ WOW
but I heard it can be scary, like ya might trip and hurt yourself and more.
hmmm, if this is a normal thing for ya, might need to find some help to do just that, help ya!! Wishing you the best!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

A trick I learned from friends in A.A. is not to keep things in the house that are going to tempt me.

I rarely sleepwalk, but when I do, strange things happen. At least there are no frozen bananas in the house for me to trip over!

you do? wowza

I am surprised in a way to hear of another sleepwalker. I thought this was way more uncommon…huh.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I haven’t done it in years, thanks be to God. The stories I’m not going to tell!

:ok_hand::exploding_head::rofl:
feel ya on that :100:

(Mike D) #7

When I was a young man in the AirForceI had a dream I was working on closing a jet engine cowling. They have these big clasps that sometimes you have to beat in to shut. I was dreaming that I was doing this. I woke up that morning to find a 7 inch hole beat into the sheet rock of my dorm room.

Once I woke up with a guitar in my bed and a huge guitar amplifier moved into the center of the room. I can sleepwalk through things that you would normally think would wake someone up doing.

Wow, I feel lucky.
I only sleepwalked as a kid and only a bunch of a time but all I did was

1. go to the other room and sleep on the coach (???)
  2. turning off my alarm clock (I did that a bunch of time but then I simply kept sleeping peacefully with the otherwise almost heart attack inducing hellish, loud alarm).

No way I would ever eat while sleeping, not even right after sleeping.

Chocolate covered frozen banana (yum! I ate that nearly every day as a newbie ketoer, good old times but I am glad I don’t need it anymore) AND messing with moustache, ouch!!!

One can’t even enjoy food when sleeping, right?
Worst from both words…
My condolences.

All I carb related stuff I had while sleeping is about TWO carby dreams during my 12 years old low-carb time period. I just don’t dream about eating.

(Robin) #9

Any chance you take ambien or a similar sleeping pill? I tried it. Once.
I woke up to a dozen friends emailing me and asking what the what was going on. Apparently I am a prolific writer in my sleep. They are still working on the code to interpret it tho.

(Robin) #10

I was a sleep walker for most of my life.
My parents installed complicated contraptions to stop me from leaving the house at night. I would constantly wake up in the night, having a rousing disagreement with my folks when it would slowly dawn on me that I was sleep walking and they were having fun keeping me talking. LOLOL When we went out camping, they always tied a rope connecting me and my dad.

My fave 2 sleep walking memories are:
Waking up, fully dressed for work and putting on my make up…. while looking in the mirror, and trying to apply mascara. It was 2 AM.
The best was waking up crying because the world had turned totally upside down and I had not. I was lying on the floor, in a closet, with my feet up in the air trying to walk up the underside of a staircase.

I don’t think I’ve done it for a good 20 years now.it would be in interesting study. Why some people sleep walk.

I have never sleepwalked but my friend does very rarely. The first time was when his older brother came home from abroad for the first time. They were close. The brother was watching a movie late because he had jet lag. My friend came to the room, sat there for 2 hours watching the movie then went back to bed. When his brother asked him in the morning how he liked the movie, my friend had no idea what he was talking about. He assumed it was just that he missed his brother

Does this mean you miss carbs and felt your mustache needed trimming?! I do cut my hair late at night while awake and it is an impulse. This is why I stopped keeping scissors in the bathroom years ago

Ahhhh, Robin, these are amazing xD

I don’t think I was ever a sleep walker, but I did have a habit of sitting bolt upright in bed with my eyes wide open, whilst fast asleep, which used to scare the heck out of my Mum ; )

I think I’ve only ever known one person who sleep walked and that was a friend from years ago.

There was one night we’d all gone to a party, and late in the night, he’d passed out and then totally disappeared… which was odd, because his boots were still sitting by the door. Around an hour and a half later, we get a phone call from him; highly confused and wanting to know how he got home. Seems he walked all that distance (and it really was quite some way) in his socks xD

He’d say a whole bunch of random stuff in his sleep too, like the time we found him scrambling about on the sofa asking where Clive had put his vodka :woman_shrugging:

(Robin) #13

I just remembered a totally freaky incident. But had to call my old high school friend Linda to confirm… it’s that bizarre. She and I actually had the same dream and sleepwalking.

I was sleeping over and we shared her 4-poster bed. I dreamed we had been hitchhiking and were picked up in a van by a bunch of guys we did not know. (back then, this was a feasible scenario in real life.) while in the van, we realized they had pulled over and gotten out of the van, leaving me and Linda alone. In the dark. So we stood up and walked/crawled around the van trying to find the doors with our hands.
We both finally woke up, standing on her bed and holding one of the posts and feeling the wall, and very upset.
We quickly talked about what had just happened, finishing each other’s sentences…. Exactly the same dream.
Cue Twilight Zone music here.

Could not even begin to imagine my daughters doing this! Yet I know this was a thing and I remember friends doing it. Amuch older relative once did this! Back in the 30s in Europe, apparently it was normal then. Unfortunately she and her friend were picked up by some SS officers in their car (it was before the war), they got them to their destination and it was fine but she never hitchhiked again after that

That’s some crazy stuff right there. Like, how can that even happen?! How do we share a dream… fascinating : )

My SO often falls asleep on my bean bag (it’s actually his method to fall asleep, he wakes up and goes to his bed later). I am at my computer and doesn’t realize when he falls asleep so I often try to talk to him when he is asleep. He often answers my questions with nice grammatically correct sentences and I only realize he is sleeptalking again when I try to interpret it and realize it makes no sense. The words are proper words, grammar is right but in the end it’s just a weird mess :smiley:
He does it so well (well he is a hobby writer), I mean funny that I usually wake him up laughing loudly… I just love that. Harmless fun.

Haha. That’s amazing : )

Tobias talks in his sleep every so often. His native language is German, but he’s fluent in English. When he talks in his sleep though, it’s neither language. Nobody has ever been able to decipher it xD

(Eric) #18

Apparently sleepwalking is a common side-effect of Ambien and can get worse over time. My sister was on Ambien and would wake up the next morning finding things out of place, the bathroom faucet left on and empty cans of soda/beer that she apparently consumed while sleepwalking. She also cleaned the house with no memory of it. It all came to head when she awakened one night, in her car, upside down. She apparently sleep drove and crashed into a parked car and rolled her Mini Cooper. She told the police the last thing she remembered was taking her Ambien and going to bed. She was charged with a DUI.

(Jane) #19

Well, before cell phones if you broke down and had to walk a long distance you might take your chances on accepting a ride.

I did once in college (1970’s) and was picked up by an old man…… who proceeded to lecture me on how lucky I was he came along and did I know what kind of weirdos were out there? I knew but was hoping he wasn’t one of them. (he wasn’t).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

All right, so here’s the one story that’s safe to tell. Funnily enough, I was remembering this incident a few days ago, before this topic popped up on the forums.

It was the summer of 1977 (I’m pretty sure) in New York, and we had a citywide power failure one evening. (Those of you who are old enough might remember the photograph in the Times of the woman directing traffic at a major intersection on the Upper East Side that night in her evening gown, holding a candelabra. You gotta love New Yorkers; several other citizens directed traffic at other crucial intersections, though I doubt any of them was as well-dressed as she.)

Anyway, I awoke around two o’clock in the morning, standing on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, clutching a pillow and wearing nothing but a pair of jockey shorts. Thank God for that, and thank God the entire city was pitch black, or it would have been even more embarrassing! Fortunately, the front door lock was broken, so I was able to get back into the building. Though at least it was July, so if I’d had to wait all night for someone to exit the building, I wouldn’t have frozen to death.

Once I got back upstairs, I was able to knock loudly enough to wake up one of my roommates to let me back in the apartment. And because New York apartment buildings have water towers on top, there was enough pressure for me to be able to wash the crud off my feet, before I crawled back into bed.

The next day was payday for one of the University payrolls (we had three), and fortunately the Controller was able to get the cheques printed in New Jersey. The Times was also able to ship its edition over to a printer in Jersey, as well. It was just the Controller and I at work that day, because we were the only two in the department who lived close enough to walk.