Does anyone else sleepwalk and eat carbs?

(Robin) #21

Paul… more evidence that we share some dna

(David Cooke) #22

Can’t resist. Occasionally I wake up on the bathroom floor. Wife tells me I speak fluent Thai while asleep, no lottery numbers yet.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

Especially if you “Thai” one on, the night before? :rofl::rofl:

Yeah, there are dangers (no matter what we do, of course it’s no reason to raise it significantly without a good reason)… But hitchhiking was and still is a thing. Getting a lift to the next settlement is very common here, we often don’t even need to ask.
I just take a tiny walk and people keep asking me if I want a ride. It’s actually annoying when it happens the 10th or 20th time of the year, I walk every day… Only part of it happens next to a road and there are barely any traffic but people still think I am a miserable one forced to go on foot somewhere…
Of course there are weirdos, I (pretty plain modest looking 45 years old female) was offered $12 for a quick round (it was in HUF that’s why the number is so odd even though it’s even, actually). I felt double insulted though just slightly as who cares about rude jerks having the most unrealistic expectations. But still, my lovely nature walk was slightly disturbed. I got reminded that such people (and worse) are among us. Forgetting about things when it’s safe to do so is part of my self-protecting hedonist skills.

Not long ago I watched a video containing some crime involving a teacher going to the home of a student. And people said why of course one never goes to a stranger’s home. A student isn’t even a complete stranger but people earn money by going to stranger’s homes all the time (or do it from other reasons), it’s not a super huge risk sane people avoid… Odd.
Social animals must have a basic degree of trust, it is easily misplaced but without some, life gets strange and asocial and there may be a big loss in average - and lots of dangers still remain. Life is dangerous. We shouldn’t ask for trouble but some people go too far and it’s just unrealistic for many of us.

(Jane) #25

I was a sleepwalker and so is my son.

One night my ex got up in the middle of the night to pee and looked in on our son. He wasn’t in his bed. He came and woke me in a panic.

We searched the whole house and I picked up the phone to dial 911 with my heart in my throat and pounding. Then I heard a sound……… we both went silent and listened……. it was soft singing!

We followed the sound into the hall bathroom, pulled back the shower curtain and there was our 4-yo standing in the shower, head back like he was taking a shower and SINGING!!!

He was sound asleep. I scooped him up and tucked him back in bed, relief flooding over me
Never thought to look for him in the tub behind the shower curtain!

He would sleepwalk to the bathroom to pee in the middle of the night and would pee into the trash can next to the toilet! I couldn’t get mad because he had no idea what he was doing.

One night I woke up and he was standing next to my bed, head lolled back and I heard a pissing sound. He was peeing on my nightstand sound asleep!!! :laughing:.

(Robin) #26

What is it about guys peeing on and in weird thing while asleep? Women aren’t found sleep-squatting in odd places.

(Jane) #27

LOL. Must be a guy thing!

(Mike D) #28

I did that when I was 4 or 5, never again after that.

(Robin) #29

Janie the singing in the shower story is the absolute best. Funny but also sweet.

When I was living and working in Germany, I was dating a French guy. He lived with another French guy we worked with. My partner was super fastidious and particular, his housemate… not so much.

The housemate was actually doing Atkins at the time, but he would have a cheat Friday every week which without fail involved eating an entire family sized lasagne, washed down with a bottle of vodka o_O This would invariably lead to some sort of behaviour that would send my partner into an apoplectic rage.

But I will certainly never forget the time that we were up watching a movie in the living room, when the housemate drunkenly stumbled out of his room, into the kitchen (which was directly next to the bathroom) unzipped, and proceeded to piss all over the hob, dishwasher and counters. Didn’t get a warm reception, to put it mildly xD