Documentary site

(Trish) #1

Was looking for the movie the Magic Pill and came across this site topdocumentaryfilms.com which has several food, diabetes, obesity, etc. related movies available. Thought this might be of interest to some. About to watch Low Carb: Fat or Fiction. ( of course we already know the answer to that).

(Tammy Kidd) #2

I have watched several on Netflix. I really liked Fed Up and on Amazon The Sugar Film. It is very informative it helped my husband see the light lol.

I reacently watched another sugar movie on Netflix although I do not remember the name but it was about Lustig

(Trish) #4

I want to watch the magic pill one but can’t seem to find it beyond just the trailer. :frowning:

(Pete A) #5

Thanks for sharing there are several I see that I’ll be watching today!

(Trish) #6

You’re welcome. I just finished low carb fat or fiction. It was good. Didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know but I enjoy the confirmation effect. :slight_smile:

(Pete A) #7

I was a little bummed watching Fathead as the tone and backstory was a turnoff. And yes, I’m only in it for the confirmation! :sunglasses:

(Trish) #8

I think one has to always keep in mind that regardless of which side any story is on that there is always some agenda that prompted the movie, book, whatever, in the first place. Separately, I wonder if getting riled up and yelling at the TV counts as exercise LOL.

(Pete A) #9

haha good one

(Candy Lind) #10

I want to watch that, too. I’m going to a keto meatup this weekend and I might see if anyone knows of a viewing being planned anywhere.

(Trish) #11

I could rent it online. I just hate paying for stuff that a month from now will all over the Internet or on Netflix etc. available free lol.

(Chris) #12

I know it was released in either Australia or NZ, but I think stateside you need cable on demand to see it. Which means I won’t, unfortunately.

(Trish) #13

Yup, and that’s exactly why I can’t get it. I don’t have cable.

(Chris) #14

I’m positive there’s less ethical methods of watching it, despite how I’d like to support the filmmakers but I won’t advocate or discuss that here.

(Trish) #15

I hear ya, LOL.

(Candy Lind) #16

Me, neither. :worried: