Doctor's visit was fantastic!

(Rose) #1

I went to the doctor’s office yesterday for the first time since starting keto. I started back mid-November. She was floored to hear that I stopped taking my anti-depressants and my anti-migraine medication and had no issues since November. She told me to keep up whatever I was doing because she got my labs back from the end of December and my a1c had gone from 11.2 in September to 7.6. She wanted me off everything for the T2D except the metformin and wants to see the a1c when we are a full 3 months out. She printed graphs out of my a1c and my weight (down over 20 pounds since September) and told me to frame them.

I was nervous going in because I know lots of people have had problems with getting their doctors on board. I was so happy to see my a1c going down and even happier to have a doctor that was totally on board for keeping up the only thing that has done anything to help get my T2D under control!

(Jacquie) #2

You’ve got a winner of a Dr.! Well done! :grinning:

(I like to post memes!) #3

Go, you!! I think the bloodwork is more important than what the scale says, as it’s the true measure of health!

(Carol E. ) #4

Congratulations!

THIS, folks, is part of the grassroots of change. One person at a time. One patient at a time!

You cannot tell me that the seed of doubt was not planted in the mind of your provider…who will chat about you to another colleague or ailing family member…or who will recall the miracle patient when their own A1c creeps up.

Fabulous!!! What a great testimony and kudos for working with an open minded doctor.

(Terri) #6

Fantastic achievements!

(Pete Shearer) #7

Fantastic work. You are really changing your life for the better. Super proud of you!

(Keto in Katy) #8

Wonderful news, well done.

(Michelle) #9

Terrific!!! So glad to hear. I am going to the doctor in March to get bloodwork and can’t wait to see what my numbers look like.