“Do you realize you’re commenting on a year old thread?”

It’d be awesome if Discourse supported a warning like this. Twice today I invested several minutes in threads where the most recent poster was responding to a year-plus old thread. Yes, I should have paid more attention but people really should be careful (refrain?) from posting responses, especially on year old threads where the original post related to a time sensitive issue or meal choice. Yes, I know there are bigger problems in life and some issues and questions are evergreen. Just an observation/site feature request. :blush:

(ash) #2

A lot of threads still have good information, and responding may give insight to others. I’ve found threads on here from 2016 that are still being talked about and if anything just the information from them has been helpful to me! Now there are some threads that have no responses or information in them persay that could be cleaned up and removed but isn’t really that much of an issue.

(Doug) #3

I will wait at least a year after this to necro this thread. :smile:

(CharleyD) #4

I have a cache of Necropost memes, which I will attempt to not use here.

The forum is still pretty new, and I agree with @monsterjuice can help newcomers. Who can’t seem to find the search bar. Actually, in the dark theme, that magnifying glass is pretty darn dark!

(Laurie) #5

Okay, we’re not supposed to necro threads, but we’re supposed to search old threads for info/topics we want to know about. What, the last post on a thread from 2 years ago is really the last word on a subject? Or am I missing something?

This is not about Keto Forums specifically; I just don’t understand the Internet-wide objection to necroing.