Do you guys want to hear something weird? What I put my chicken stock in this morning

(Kristen Ann) #8

Heavy whipping cream.

(Doug) #9

The salty/savory aspect of stock - a good thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Carl Keller) #10

You might be on to something. There’s plenty of packaged coffee grounds that advertise “with a hint of citrus… or a nutty flavor”. I’m picturing KetoMom Coffee stating “… with a salted, chickeny aftertaste”. :sunglasses:

Heck, I’ll even give it a try tomorrow.

@CarlKeller yaaaa! :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

My son drinks a powdered bone broth that tastes like hot chocolate. So why not? Maybe go full strength with chicken stock through a melita pour over maker.

so who was brave enough to try it this morning? lol :smiley:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

I made turkey bone broth yesterday but…:rooster: :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

I’m waiting for @CarlKeller ‘s verdict. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #16

@David_Stilley Oops, I’m usually pretty good about remembering things, but not this time. I will write myself a post it and put it on my coffee pot so I remember tomorrow.

(Allison D) #17

LOL-
“How’s the coffee?”
“Tastes like chicken.”

I haven’t even tried BPC, so I don’t know if I’ll graduate to bahkbahkkava, but you never know…

(Deborah ) #18

I do add a pinch of salt to my coffee, but never thought of the chicken stock idea. Sometimes the things that sound the weirdest end up tasting pretty good, though. I have my morning coffee with a pinch of salt, 2 drops of iodine solution (per Dr. Berry), sugar free flavored syrup and HWC.

(Carl Keller) #19

Ok, so I tried 1/3 chicken broth with 2/3’s coffee and it was drinkable but I think I enjoy my coffee too much to change it this excessively. I don’t really feel like I am drinking coffee and that’s a huge part of my morning ritual.

(Janelle) #20

There’s this -

Not quite the same but sweet and salty maybe?

@CarlKeller Fair enough… at least you tried! lol. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

Thanks for being a guinea pig for us, most generous ruining a cup of coffee for scientific research. :wink:

(Edith) #23

What iodine solution do you use?

(Deborah ) #24

Hi, I use this one (recommended by Dr. Berry):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AEFM9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Little Miss Scare-All) #25

That’s the best iodine to use because it’s the good old fashioned recipe. The OG of iodines. I went banana sandwiches with it though, and overdosed myself. Talk about terrible headaches. I did the skin patch test first, and the iodine all but disappeared within 30 minutes. I figured I needed a lot, so I took a lot, and my body cried foul.

To anyone who tries it, just be careful with the dosing. Your body will tell you if you’re taking too much, in the form of headaches that will not relinquish.

(Deborah ) #26

I do 2 drops as advised by Dr. Berry (so as not to overdose). :slight_smile:

(Edith) #27

The headaches you had could have been a detox reaction. The “Iodine Crisis” by Lynne Farrow is a good read and discusses the symptoms that can develop when one first starts supplementing iodine. Bromine leaves our body as the iodine replaces it. If the bromine doesn’t clear from our blood stream fast enough it can cause symptoms.