Do You Dream of Eating carbs?

(ketohealthclub) #1

Last night I dreamt I accidentally ate a large serving of spaghetti and meatballs before realizing pasta was full of carbs and that I would be out of ketosis. In my dream I was devastated. Have you had realistic dreams of eating carbs? Funny thing, I don’t crave carbs and have been at this for 92 days now without falling out of ketosis.

(Laura) #2

Actually no. I have been keto for 99.9% of the last year and where I have strange dreams, I don’t think I have ever dreamt about eating food. At least not that I remember.

(Luke Jeffery) #3

I don’t so much anymore but, when I do, I make the most of it. They’re so vivid that it satisfies my carb cravings (generally things like donuts, churros). Enjoy them!

(Jacquie) #4

I’ve been keto over 2 years. What’s a carb? :wink: No, I haven’t.

(AnnaLeeThal) #5

Of course!

(Ross Daniel) #6

Yes, I’ve had a few but they were more back when I first started keto back in August. I haven’t had any in the last few months thankfully.

(Nathan Hall) #7

Yeah, I’ve had those. I didn’t wake up horrified, but was like “What am I doing?” I’ve had friends that quit smoking say that they have similar occurances where they’re smoking in their dreams.

(ketohealthclub) #8

It was tasty.

(Laura) #9

Now that I did do, dream about smoking… somedays I still have urges to smoke, but rarely miss carbs. The 2 time I did eat carbs was when I was sick. Won’t say I didn’t enjoy it. Didn’t eat much and probably stayed in Ketosis cause I doubt I ate more than 6 - 8 hundred cals a day.

(christinemurray1) #10

I have had one dream where I couldn’t get away from mini pretzel sticks. Not only was I eating them (and saying out loud "WHY am I eating these?) but also they were in buckets everywhere I looked.

(gerry) #11

Every time @carl and @richard mention the Krispy Kreme donut at the beginning of the 2KD’s podcast…sigh.

No, but i do dream about some lady getting in my car in the middle of the street, me yelling at her, and her getting a bike gang to circle my car and threaten me before i ultimately wake up in a panic sweat.

Sorry, i think i went off on a tangent.

(Pete Shearer) #13

Yes! Absolutely!

Basically every single thing you said has happened to me exactly. Normally, I have no cravings or issues since eating Keto starting in early August. However, every so often I’ll have a dream where I am somewhere in the middle of eating something I shouldn’t be (pizza, Snickers, etc) and I’ll realize what I’m doing and freak out.

Maybe my dreams are just checking to see if I’m still committed (or maybe if I need committed)! :joy:

(Lisa Carlson) #14

I’ve had dreams of turning down carbs which was pretty exciting.

(Laura) #15

Okay, a few nights after responding to the question I had a dream about carbs… Not happy about that.

(ketohealthclub) #16

LOL- sorry 'bout that!

(Laura) #17

You should be… at least the bread was yeast risen and filled with Cheese!

(Mark Bousquet) #18

Almost 4 years keto now and yes, I still dream of eating refined carbs, drinking Coca Cola, etc. When I wake up I am very grateful that it was just a dream!

Nope. I dream of eating ribeye, prime rib, juicy pork chops…not carbs.

(Bart) #20

I can not say that I have ever dreamed of carbs, but for months after going Keto I day dreamed about donuts. I swear I could smell them across the room if people brought them into the office. It was torture. Thank goodness that has passed.