Do Not Microwave Whole Hard Boiled Eggs

(gooeykablooey) #1

So, one of my favorite “easy” keto meals is hot chopped up hard boiled eggs with salt pepper and melted butter. But I’m a lazy arse and to make things even easier I make a bunch of peeled eggs ahead and heat when I want them.
The other day I forgot to chop up before microwaving. Don’t do that.
When I went to chop them up immediately after they exploded. Not just a little bit either. Egg yolk shrapnel pelted me, I’m still finding gobs of it all over my kitchen. Not to mention the hundreds of teensy weensy burns I now have all over my upper half :sweat_smile:

Oops

(Carol E. ) #3

I like my boiled eggs warm too, I steam prep 12 at a time and peel all at once.

I drop the peeled, boiled eggs in hot water for a few minutes. :blush:

(Beth) #4

That’s a good idea, @replay. We have had the microwave incident, here, too. The warm ones are just so much yummier, aren’t they? Now that we have an instant pot and we can get them in six minutes, we tend to do small batches at a time but I’ll keep the warm water re-heat trick up my sleeve!

(gooeykablooey) #5

Very good idea! @replay
And I love my instant pot for boiling eggs too @bee super quick and less fuss. I can do a whole days eggs in just a few minutes work (I don’t know why but I can’t eat cooked eggs that have been stored longer than a day. I know it’s all in my head… except pickled eggs I love pickled eggs)

(jketoscribe) #6

I love a soft boiled egg smashed and runny Over salad and other foods, but that’s hard to bring to work for lunch. Now I make them ahead in my instant pot and at work I fill a cup with hot water from the dispenser and drop the egg in for about 2 minutes to warm up. Perfection!

(Karl L) #7

Yikes! I just imagined doing that at work and being banned from the lunch room.

(eat more) #8

i exploded tuna w/cheddar at work…the microwave is on top of the fridge and i am 5’2"…ask me how much fun cleaning that up was and how wrinkled all of my co-worker’s noses were :joy:

(Todd Allen) #9

Bacon and egg fat bomb recipe!

1. Tightly wrap whole hard boiled egg in bacon strips.
  2. Microwave on high.