Do not eat Romaine lettuce (again...)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/s1120-ecoli-romain-lettuce.html

(Mike W.) #2

Bacon never gets recalled. JS

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

Thank goodness for that

(Janelle) #4

I was just telling hubby I feel sorry for the farmers. That and it sucks to lose a Caesar dressing delivery device.

(Brian) #5

Another reason to grow your own… tons of YouTube videos on it. Just takes a little space and some planning ahead.

:slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #6

You are so right. I have some cilantro and arugula coming up right now. Completely pesticide-free.

(Carl Keller) #7

LOL… just finished a sald with romaine and spinach. :skull_and_crossbones:

The good news is I’ve been eating this since last Friday and have no symptoms. If I can make it 2 more days, I’m in the clear.

(Michelle) #8

Just finished dinner. My entire meal was a huge salad. Theee different heads of romaine bought in two different occasions. If you don’t hear from me again, :v:t3: peace out! It’s been great knowing you.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #9

Am I the only alarmist in the group? :rofl::rofl:

(Carl Keller) #10

Glad to know I am not alone in this. Do you think there’s a Keto heaven?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

(Empress of the Unexpected) #12

The streets are lined with bacon.

(Carl Keller) #13

I’m pleased that your are looking out for us Regina. You are awesome. :rainbow:

I bet the food there is to die for. :smiley:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #14

I guess I just felt like posting something today. I usually stick to cabbage and celery (no recalls there), and as for the leafies, I grow my own, my soil willing. I have cilantro and arugula coming up in the backyard as we speak.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #15

And every good piggy who gave us a nourishing breakfast, goes to keto heaven too.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #16

God, now I want to eat bacon for dinner!!!

(Carl Keller) #17

The last thing I grew were three mammoth sunflowers. They grew all summer and reached about 12 feet high (4 meters). Each head had over 100 seeds and I hung them with paper bags tied over them, upside down, on my back porch. I came home one day and they had all been pulled down and EVERY SINGLE SEED was gone. Across the yard on my fence, a fat fox squirrel was staring at me, wagging his tail excitedly and I think if he could laugh at me, he would have.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #18

Russian Mammoths? Cool. I planted some but they never got to that height. I’m amazed that I have some sunflowers growing now, in November, in Southern California. I never got to eat the seeds during the summer, they got stripped by the birds.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #19

This was a bad summer in SoCal to grow anything. Last year at this time we were still harvesting squash. This year all the squash died out in September. But we are inland, and had a few 114 days - enough to squash the squash. Hoping for rain. Hoping that North Cal gets a lot of rain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

Yeah I get my romaine at Costco, the produce manager knows my name :). We only buy it from Costco, they have sources that only grow for them. So I have a partial bag I’ve been eating on for the last couple of days. All our other lettuce comes from our garden, even with two snows already we have a large patch still putting out leaves like crazy. We mix the baby lettuce leaves with the romaine.

We haven’t died yet. It is good to be a ketozombie :slight_smile: