Do i have to eat all the fat?

(debbie norman) #1

Hi All, i have been following a low carb / keto diet since March 2017 and have lost 45 lbs to date, i have just recently went totally Keto and am using the Cronometer site to track my food and marco’s. I am keeping my carbs well below 20 g, my protein is at or slightly over the suggested mark of 44 g, but i can’t seem to consume the suggested amount of fat of 193 g without increasing my protein. Will this be a problem or stop my weight loss? I also work out with a trainer twice a week and once or twice on my own.

Eat what feels right. I would say potentially that you would benefit from more protein but it depends on your height etc. I think I would struggle to eat that ratio too - that is over 4 times fat to protein!

(Holly Easterling) #3

Well, the short answer is no.

The longer answer is that I’ve never seen fat:protein ratios like that. Usually fat is 1-2x protein and I’ve even seen 3x, but you’ve got almost 5x! Maybe you’re using a calculator designed for therapeutic keto (to treat epilepsy, for example) rather than nutritional keto?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Eat fat until you’re no longer hungry and don’t worry about the amount. As long as you give your body enough energy, it will tell you when to stop eating and will still be able to burn its fat store. Of course, when you are closer to your maintenance weight, you will feel the desire to eat more fat; while you still have stored fat to burn off, you will desire less.

(Dan Dan) #5

Your macros are way off :thinking:

Should be 5/25/70

155g Fat is 1400 kcals

125g Protein is 500 kcals

20g carbs is 80

total 1980 kcals

Half of your fat should come from your protein source then add 4 to 6 tablespoons(500-700 kcals) of butter/fat to your meal :heart_eyes:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Dan Dan) #6

A simple Example :smiley:

A pound of California Blend of mixed Veggies is just under 20g carbs.

A pound of Fatty Beef or Pork will supply your Protein and half your Fat.

Add Butter/Fat(6 tablespoons) to your meals

Divide by number of meals

(Dan Dan) #7

Another Simple Example :smiley:

Breakfast

2 Eggs scrambled with Butter/Fat
2 Strips of Bacon

Lunch

1 Chicken thigh with skin
6oz veggies with Butter/Fat

Dinner

1/2 Pound Fatty Steak
10oz veggies with Butter/Fat

(Michael ) #8

Simple and awesome. I’m hungry

(debbie norman) #9

Thanks guys, this has been very helpful and i will adjust my diet accordingly :smile:

(Jenn Monaghan) #10

I just eat what I want and always end up with fat and protein around the same.