Disney World vacation with kids and keto

(Megan) #1

We’re going to Disney for four days and I’m trying to figure out what snacks to pack for all of us. My 7 year old son will eat nuts but my 5 year old only wants the carbage type snacks. Should I give in since we’re on vacation? Also, which keto snacks travel well? I’m worried about finding things I can eat.

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Nuts, Jerky, Individually wrapped cheese sticks like string cheese. They have the little single serving baby bellas, A jar of almond butter and a spoon, Pre cooked bacon, A bag of sliced pepperoni or other snack meats.

(Chris Bair) #3

When we did Disneyland we got the JackLinks Original BeefSteak (2g per pack) from Sams Club, the Costco low carb protein bars, bags of peanuts, almonds and such. We also got some fruit snacks and rice crispy treats that I did not eat. I think I polished off 4 or 5 of the turkey legs (note: don’t get your kids a turkey leg, eat yours and expect to NOT have to eat the 9/10 leg the kids won’t eat). I stayed keto the whole trip.

(Megan) #4

Thank you! Great suggestions! I’m looking forward to the turkey legs.

(Georgia) #5

Low Carb at Disney World

There’s a link on the right side of this page to another article about low carb dining at Disney World.

(Megan) #6

Thank you. There were some good tips there. It was kind of heavy on the eggs, which I can’t eat, but we ordered some groceries and we’re getting bacon, cheese and HWC so I can get a good breakfast before heading to the parks. Today, I bought some beef sticks to take for snacks and packed up some macadamia nuts.

(Chris S) #7

I am struggling with some of the suggestions read on the comment area by fellow posters . The turkey leg is 152g protein and about 50g fat. Wouldn’t, that kick me out of ketosis? Also the JackLinks Original BeefSteak is only 2 gr of fat, 23 gr of protein and 3 of carb. Wouldn’t this make these choices terrible for a keto dieter? I am new to it and just trying to understand.

(Megan) #8

This article says they’re only 32 grams of fat for the turkey leg which I find more believable. I was kind of disappointed in mine. It was tough to chew and had an unappetizing smoky flavor. I only ate about half. They don’t have any carbs so it shouldn’t kick you out of ketosis.

I buy the Simms beef sticks from Aldi that don’t have any carbs. It’s really hard to find jerky without any sugar or carbs.