Dinner at a high end restaurant

(What The Fast?!) #1

Hey there! I’m so impressed with myself! I went to dinner tonight with a friend at a high end restaurant. This friend and I are both foodies and always share appetizers and entrees. She is also eating LCHF but not as strict as me and things got a little dicey. I wanted to order red wine but we ended up with martinis instead - ok, no big deal.

Then, we ordered appies - she requested something carb heavy but I reminded her of the mission. We ended up getting a swordfish carpaccio and a giant meatball (which I was assured had only minimal breadcrumbs). For entrees, we got scallops with a cauliflower purée and a veal chop (and by that time, a glass of red wine each as well), along with grilled vegetables (and a side of garlic butter). She ordered dessert (tiramisu, my favorite dessert on the planet), but I abstained. (I actually excused myself to the bathroom as soon as it hit the table to make it a little easier.)

I’m sure there were hidden carbs in dinner and that the alcohol didn’t help but I’m feeling pretty impressed with myself…the big deal? The whole dinner was a comp - so it would have been easy to try everything (especially dessert)…I’m going to test ketones in the morning and see where I landed!

Dessert time can be a challenge when eating out with others. If it’s on the menu and I still have a little room left, I’ll go a cheese platter - cheese and nuts only - hold the dry biscuits, lavosh and fruit…unless they’re strawberries. Strawberries are always welcome! :grin:

(Danielle) #3

Progress; Not Perfection.

Excellent choices!

You only live once, just make sure you’re alive to enjoy it!

(What The Fast?!) #4

Thanks! I’m sure it was the alcohol or hidden carbs (or too much protein), but I’m at 0.3 (down from 0.8) this morning, as compared to yesterday morning and I gained 1.5 lbs as well…water weight/bloat I’m sure. I have another happy hour tonight so I’m going to fat fast most of the day. :slight_smile: