Different Fats & Proteins, same Carbs?

(Annie) #1

Hi :slight_smile:
Me & my partner are about to start our Keto diet but im abit confused.
I have used a Keto calculator & it came back as 152g Fat, 112g Protein & 20g Carbs for me (56kg, 5’4) and 228g Fats, 208 g Protein & 20g Carbs for him (105kg, 5’9)
How do i go about recipes if we are to eat different amounts of Fats & Proteins but the same Carbs?

We also weight train 5 times a week, so are looking to keep the muscle we have, while burning fat (arn’t we all haha!)

Thank you!

(Cristian Lopez) #2

looks your partner has roughly has too eat 1 1/2 times the portion you eat of the “non carb” portion side of the meal

(Dan Dan) #3

For Him @ 3000 kcals

228g Fats, 208 g Protein & 20g Carbs

Approximately
32oz of fatty meat is 224g of Protein and 175g of Fat :grinning:
16oz (5 to 6 cups) low carb mixed veggies 15g to 20g net Carbs :grinning:
add 4 to 6 tablespoons Butter/Fat to Meals 48g to 72g Fat :heart:

For you 1900 kcals

152g Fat, 112g Protein & 20g Carbs

Approximately
16oz of fatty meat is 112g of Protein and 87g of Fat :grinning:
16oz (5 to 6 cups) low carb mixed veggies 15g to 20g net Carbs :grinning:
add 4 to 6 tablespoons Butter/Fat to Meals 48g to 72g Fat :heart:

Just divide by number of meals :thinking:

Lets say you have 3 meals :thinking:

Breakfast

You
2eggs
2 strips bacon

Him
3eggs
3 strips bacon

Lunch

You
4oz (1) chicken thigh w/skin
6 oz Asparagus w/butter or other fat

Him
8oz (2) chicken thigh w/skin
6 oz Asparagus w/butter or other fat

Dinner

You
8oz Steak
10 oz mixed veggies w/butter or other fat

Him
16oz Steak
10 oz mixed veggies w/butter or other fat

Calories and Macros are guidelines don’t be strict they are to help you not hinder you :thinking:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Annie) #4

Great, thanks Dan Dan!

So basically if I cook something add an extra 1/2of what I’m eating minus the carbs?

How does it work that we are both on 20g carbs despise our weight?

Get Outlook for Android

(jilliangordona) #5

As long as you are making meals that are low in carb, often what I do with my fiancé is simply give him a larger portion. Normally I will eat 1/3 and he’ll eat 2/3 of the meal.

As long as you are supplying your body with needed protein (which is actually less than you might think) you will not lose muscle.

(Dan Dan) #6

Carbs are not necessary you don’t need them but if you want Carbs keeping them at 20g and under will induce ketosis and Fat Adaptation as soon as possable :smile:

No, if you look at your macros he needs twice the protein but only half as much more fat and you both get the same carbs.

Since most of your fat comes from fatty meat you both only need to add 4 to 6 tablespoons Butter/Fat to Meals. (refer to example I gave above)

(Lonnie Hedley) #7

Keto has no rule book, just one very specific guideline. Keep (net) carbs below 20g. I find the fewer the better. Then moderate protein and fat to satiety. This is why you both see 20g of carb when you calculate your macros. Everyone practicing a keto WOE will have 20g of carbs in their macros no matter what protein or fat is. Several of us find we feel best when that’s closer to 0. Try to meet the protein “goal”, fat is there to make you full.