Dietitian recommended breakfast = 47g carbs

(Richard Morris) #1
  • 2 frozen peeled bananas
  • 2 tbs raw cacao
  • 2 tbs rolled oats or oatbran
  • 1 tbs LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond)
  • 1/2 cup Jalna Low Fat Greek or Jalna Fat Free yoghourt
  • 2 cups (500 ml) low fat milk or other (try almond, oat, soy or rice milk)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • ¼ -½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • Extra cinnamon, to serve

Whether the Dietitians Association of Australia understand it or not, it’s pulling boneheaded maneuvers like this to make a partner (Jalna) happy that is an existential threat to them as they are making it obvious that they are not up to date on the literature - and it’s so easy for us to point that out.

Much fun is occuring in the comment section of their :nofb: page.

(Jacquie) #2

One shouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water but when I see the word dietician, I run the other way. :wink: There are a few good lc/keto dieticians but they’re pretty scarce.

(Richard Morris) #3

I must admit that I play with the CDE/APD that I am required to see every 6 months to keep my GP off Santa’s naughty list.

The dietician behind Jalna is Karen Inge, who was a member of the Jenny Craig International Medical Advisory Board for over 25 years. She has also held and still holding influential positions in other organizations.

So…no wonder.

(Richard Morris) #5

Their reputation is being trashed on social media right now for that stunt they pulled with the DAA recipe.

At some point the DAA will simply run out of paying customers and will be totally sponsor funded. And then like the legendary Oozlum bird it will disappear up it’s own fundamental orifice.

(Karen Parrott) #6

That explains a lot!!!