Diarrhea

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #41

@Carrma Are you getting enough calcium, potassium, and magnesium—not to mention sodium? You sound as though you have already thought of everything, but I thought I’d mention these minerals just in case.

(Carpe salata!) #42

I drove Sydney to broken hill once. I know what you mean. You can probably phone a doctor, nurse or pharmacy with all the symptoms to get proper advice.

(Allan L) #43

Do you have right shoulder / back pain? I had this when starting keto and it went away after a few weeks but discovered the other week it was caused by my gallbladder. Turns out that my gallbladder was battling to cope with the sudden fat increase and right shoulder pain is a symptom.

Yep.
Happens to me too. Could be the fat cells collapsing and (finally) releasing all that water.

(Stuart) #45

I’m curious if you’ve resolved the diahreh issue?

(Damon Edwards) #46

Spot on Robin !
I had runs today after 2 table spoon butter coffee with 3 eggs 3 bacon and 1 sausage patty. That’s a lot of fat. 30 minutes later… runs. Then about every 2 hours after that. When I have only 1 tablespoon butter coffee at 7:00 am. I’m not hungry til 2:00pm or so. I have found that over consumption of fats will lead to loose stools.

my diarrhea went away in about 2 weeks i guess my body was adapting

(Empress of the Unexpected) #49

I would love to believe that theory but I have been Niagra Falls for 30 days, Can’t believe this is good for my body.

(Edith) #50

I had the runs on and off for about six months. It helped to up my protein. After six months I think my body finally adapted. I still get them occasionally when I have higher than normal fat. I keep fat around 65 to 70% of my calories.

(Lunachk) #51

I’m at about the 8 week mark and twice in the last 2 weeks I had severe emergency diarrhea. If I moved the wrong way, I was certain I’d need a change of clothes. It was watery but more of a muddy consistency.
I saw where a lot of people started taking psyllium (mostly by taking Metamucil), but a couple of years ago before I started keto, I took Metamucil and actually had a watery stool “accident”. Why would psyllium bulk some people up but have the opposite effect on me?

I’m wondering if I ate too much fat and dairy yesterday and that’s what caused yesterday’s issue. In fact, last week’s episode was brought on after cold cuts & I had pepperoni yesterday. I think I need to cut back on dairy & avoid all cold cuts. At least for now. I used to have the same issue with eggs and found it could be “leaky gut syndrome” so I started taking L-Glutamine. I may have to go back to that.

Obviously when something changes like this we want answers but seem to come up with so many it’s hard to know which one is right - or if it’s all of them.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #52

I find Pepto-Bismol to be helpful in reducing diarrhea.