Desperate

(Silvina Garcia) #1

Need help I’ve been doing keto for 2wks and I’ve gained weight and feel heavier. Any advise

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Give it time.
Also check out Keto is this easy

It takes time for your body to adjust, do be patient with yourself

(Silvina Garcia) #3

Ok thank you much. Do you think it’s cause I inject insulin 4x daily

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

You’ll want to work closely with your doctor as your glucose levels change.

There’s are many on this forum who have come off insulin, but it takes time, and doctor supervision (you don’t want to adjust it incorrectly).

If you feel you need help with macros feel free to post what you eat, along with your height and weight, and we can try to help.

Important things are to keep carbs under 20g, and have good water and electrolyte intake.

I sometimes used nearly a vial of insulin daily.

Keto has been a far better treatment for my T2 diabetes than medications. I used to have an A1c of 7.3 while using insulin and metformin. Since starting keto over 2 years, it’s been as low as 5.2 without any diabetes medications.

But being on keto doesn’t automatically generate weight loss. Calories are still important. But, for me anyway, once I was fat adapted, keto made caloric restriction a lot easier than it has ever been in the past. Before keto, I used to be ravenously hungry all the time.

You may not be fat adapted yet. It can take weeks, depending on our individual bodies. Everyone is different. Also, please do check in with your doctor about your medications and that you are eating low carb.

FYI, Snacking between meals, even if it fits into your macros, will hinder weight loss.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7

Maybe youre going overboard on the fat? Tell us what you eat as an example, for a whole day.

(Scott) #8

It took me almost three months to become fat adapted. Take your time and just work on keeping carbs low so you can settle in. As far as insulin goes I will let some of the T2D advise you on that.