Deceptive food labels

(Kevin) #1

Found this at my local store and thought it was funny. The label says “just fruit” however the list of ingredients tells a different story. It’s all syrups and juice concentrate. :roll_eyes:

(MooBoom) #2

They get away with that because their brand name is ‘Just Fruit’. We literally have a company here in Australia called ‘100% Australian Beef’ and they supply McDonalds, who naturally say their meat patties are ‘100% Australian Beef’. Effing marketers :joy:

(Sheri Knauer) #3

They go on the fact that a majority of people don’t read the back of the label and trust the fact that it is called Just Fruit. Same with companies that put All Natural. Very deceptive.

(Kevin) #4

Yea I alway get aggravated with marketing on these types of products. That’s why I always read the labels, they’re always trying to sneak crap in on us. Lol

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

It’s like the discount clothing store that advertises “famous maker” clothes at unbelievable prices. Turns out Famous Maker is the brand name, and when you see the quality, the prices become all too believable, lol!