Decent article on LC WOE in “fluffy” magazine

(Candy Lind) #1

First off, I was in line at the grocery store and it was a ZOO because we were expecting a winter storm (1/8" of ice paralyzes this place!), so I couldn’t finish the article (yeah, I cheated & read it in line.), but it seems “For Women First” published a cover story article (in the obligatory January “go on a diet” issue) with a positive look at a LCHF, whole food, ultimately ketogenic WOE. The writer quoted Mark Sisson (Keto Reset Diet) & Cate Shanahan (Deep Nutrition) about eating more healthy fats, and cutting out processed food, grain, PUFA, and sugar. They had a side-bar story about a Detroit woman who has lost over 200 pounds on Atkins. I wish I’d just bought it, because there’s a teaser on front that says “News from Yale University: Clogs in fat-burning cells responsible for fat gain in 93% of women over 45” and then “Proven Solution: Dietary fat dissolves the clogs to fire up fat burn by 500%.” I didn’t get that far; it might have been on the next page.

Has anyone else seen this article? I think I’ll go back and get it as soon as the sun melts the road glaze.