DECEMBER 2018 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Also hope you feel better soon. It’s never fun being under the weather for any reason, especially around the Holidays.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #182

Claudia

Get well. I hope the stomach problems go away now.

(Jane) #183

Started my 36-hr or ADF last night so 12 hours in.

Was pretty good yesterday - just had one small side dish that wasn’t keto - so not fasting to make up for Christmas dinner. Just taking a day off from cooking and eating. :grin:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #184

Starting a 42 hr fast after lunch today. Not working this week so have to stay busy somehow.

(KCKO, KCFO) #185

I’m doing an 16:8 today, Thurs. will be 18:6, Fri. a OMAD, after that meal I’ll do a 36+hr., aim is to have lunch on New Years day, it will be pretty much keto, just a serving of black eyed peas will not be keto. I haven’t none a mash up like this for a while, last time I did one it did go very well for me.

Happy Hollies!

(Jane) #186

20 hrs in and only a bit hungry - nothing bothersome and I feel fine. Will fast until mid-morning tomorrow.

BG: 74
BK: 1.9
GKI: 2.16

(Jane) #187

Coming up on 24 hours. A bit cold so turned on my heated mattress pad. I don’t like heated blankets but I love my heated mattress pad!

BG: 74
BK: 2.1
GKI: 1.96

Just finished an unintentional 44 hr. Fast. … Hernia was acting up the past couple days, and decided not to add to the issues and just didn’t eat. But appears it may be back to normal, I think? So went ahead & got something to eat when I got home from the ER. (A quick visit to be on the safe side) But just 3 minutes before being seen, the damn thing finally retracted so it appears ok for now. … Scheduling a visit soon to have it looked at.

@Digital_Dave I have a abdominal hernia also. Right above my naval.

It is sometimes still a problem,…even having lost 165#.

It is MUCH better though. I haven’t suffered an “incarceration” (if I correctly understand the terminology) in months and months.

(KCKO, KCFO) #190

Thought some folks in here would like to view this blog by IDM, so great advice on getting back on track after the holidays.

https://idmprogram.com/how-to-recover-from-holiday-feasting/?fbclid=IwAR2ScwB8C67A4_1c-UpEhhzgYK5fZ8OdsgJKLp3BlCaTyDqV8m3AqXSwmII

Yep, same here. Right above the Naval, slightly on my right side. … You know it’s incarcerated, when you can get it to go back in, and the area will get quite sore, especially if it doesn’t correct for days. (Which is what happened to me.) - My stomach is just started to feel better today. - But I know it’s nothing to play with either. Yep, basically if a section get trapped outside the abdominal wall long enough, or simply gets choked off, it can cut off the blood flow and that section can actually die if not treated. But I’ve only had it get incarcerated a few times before, maybe 3 or 4 times over the 8+ years I’ve dealt with it. (Of course, it was much smaller before) and this didn’t last more than a few hours, maybe half a day? … But this one was a lot worse.

But I’ve also mentioned on here that I used to sneeze a lot! I mean anytime I ate anything. Didn’t have to be a full meal, simply a damn cookie or something small? I’m still not sure what caused this, but I’ve always leaned toward my sinuses. … This has pretty much stopped since going Keto, and some have mentioned this may be related to inflammation? Which may have gotten better with this WOE/WOL. … BUT, after eating Christmas dinner, I had a sneezing fit, which lasted 12-15 sneezes, and I think this extra pressure may have caused it?

Either way, I’m planning on getting it taken care of soon. I was simply hoping to get past the winter season, and was also thinking I could drop even more weight too by then. - I figure based off what I’ve been done so far, I should be much closer to around 200 lbs. by April, if not below that. :slight_smile: … So as long as it continues as is, it should be ok, but I think a couple days of normalcy should indicate if there are any issues.