Day 7 have gained weight!

(Benita) #38

Thank you. I try not to stress!!! But I just can’t get a handle on my protein. I know for me I shouldn’t go over but I can’t seem to figure out how not to. Thats why I keep posting my logs thinking someone will see something and can point it out!!! One person pointed out the sweetener I was using in my one up of coffee could be causing issues so I will stop that! If I could see any results I would feel better!!!

(Mike Glasbrener) #39

I looked at some of the food you posted. Chick breast packed in water is all protein no fat. Some people don’t do well with chicken either. Way to early for you to know this. FOR ME I struggle with chicken presently so I do not eat it. I am generally really boring at breakfast (when I eat it) and lunch. I generally eat an avocado and anchovies for breakfast. Lots of good fat, really low carb. Lunch: hand full of spinach, salami, blue cheese and blue cheese dressing. Dinner is a fatty meat and a side of green veggies. Every meal I want a high fat content. Thus the chicken in water is doesn’t help you get where you want to go. Canned stuff for me is always packed in olive oil. But what I described is what works for me… everyone is a snowflake. :grinning:

(Benita) #40

Thank you!! Maybe I just don’t understand how to read that pie chart!!! I swear Im not a stupid person but this has me in a tissy!!! Once I figure it out AND START losing and not gaining I won’t be quite so crazy!!! I mean I can eat donuts and candy bars and be fat!!! I really don’t want to eat right and gain weight!! thats whats frustrating!!!

(Mike Glasbrener) #41

You’ll get there. A little bit of OCD can be helpful. :grinning:

(Benita) #42

so how does the pie chart look? does it seem I did ok today?

(Mike Glasbrener) #43

Looks pretty good ratio wise. If you only ate 654cal it’s too few likely but I’m no expert. I’m sure others will chime in. Too few calories and living with the hunger isn’t a long term plan for success. Your metabolism will think your starving and slow to compensate. Eat to satiety with fat.

(Benita) #44

this is the rest of my day and most days end with me not meeting the calories but if I read the pie chart right I’m either right at or some days over my percentages. this is why I’m so confused. If I eat more I go over so what am I doing wrong
this is the rest of today

(Benita) #45

(Benita) #46

If I ate another 435 calories Id be over in every category

No need to fear it. Your goal level looks reasonable. Stress is not your friend when it comes to getting healthier. I know just saying ‘don’t stress out’ doesn’t help you, but maybe take a step back from over-analyzing all these different numbers and go with something simpler, like a keto meal plan?

(Benita) #48

suggestion for a good Keto meal plan?

(Benita) #49

Ive tried tweeting/changing most things Im just not getting it right for some reason. Weighed again today which is day 9 and still nothing. Im pretty frustrated. I ate half an avocado and 2 scrambled eggs with 2 cups spinach cooked in tablespoon butter. 1 cup of coffee with tablespoon hwc, and 2 bottles of water.

I may not be much help for meals plans as i can eat the same foods for days without getting bored or making any fancy recipes. If that sounds ok, then you can do bacon and eggs, chesse and salami, fatty steak or other meat and a green vegetable. Repeat the next day. Maybe some fatty nuts and 85+ % chocolate for dessert.

@siobhanh might have some better ideas for meal plans to get you settled into keto.

(KCKO, KCFO) #51

Since you are really struggling, you might want to use the Atkin’s Induction Foodie Meal Plan with 20 net carbs per day. It only lists a couple of their products and you can easily skip those as it is a shake and a snack bar, everything else is real food. It is what got me to eating on point.

Remember, butter is your friend.
Avocado is your friend.
Water is your friend.
Sodium, magnesium, and potassium are your friends.
The 2ketodudes podcasts are a wealth of information with science to back it up, the Dudes are your friend.

Dr. Atkins
(Benita) #52

Thank you!! How do I find “the dudes”? Are they on this formum?
I feel like I always run out of everything but fat and then I’m stuck

(Katie Hartman) #54

this is from myfitnesspal

is there any thing else I need to be doing?

(jilliangordona) #55

This looks good (disclaimer: I am no expert). Do not get to hung up on numbers to start!

(Katie Hartman) #56

thank you.

(Carpe salata!) #57

@Katie_Hartman looks like you nailed it .

@itssoyou just saying, for me if I need more fat because I’m still hungry I cook up some spinach in butter or eat some celery sticks dipped in mayo or peanut butter. A spoonful of coconut or olive oil is also an option :slight_smile:
It’s no use being hungry .

Avoid the “big blues” ie Canola, Safflower, Sunflower, Corn, Soybean, Peanut, Cottonseed oil. All others are great and “keto” healthy.