Day 2- hardest?

(Sara Lamberto) #1

I was just going to fast for yesterday, but I wasn’t terribly hungry by the end of the day. So, I’ve decided to see how a longer fast goes. I’ve heard that day 2 is the hardest for most people (some say day 3). I know that exercising during a fast is ok, but have you found that it is helpful early on when hunger hormones are peaking? I suppose this probably depends on the individual, but wondering about your experiences there. Now that I’ve made it to day 2 I want to see if I can make it to the easier part of the fast where everyone raves about how good they feel and could fast forever :slight_smile: I will definitely stop if I start feeling sick. I am pleasantly surprised about how its going so far. Previously, I couldn’t go longer than 4-6 hours (at the MOST) without feeling hangry and shaky and when dieting I would wake up in the night starving.

How long have you been in ketosis?

(Sara Lamberto) #3

About a month. I had been eating low carb paleo prior to that, but not intentionally ketogenic.

(eat more) #4

for me exercising or even just moving eliminates the hunger…i don’t mean dulls it…i mean zero hunger once i start moving…practically like i just ate a big meal.
i have a few friends that are dabbling in fasting and i have told them both “salt water, salt water, salt water…and MOVE” (with more words and explanation LOL)

personally day 1…really around the 27-28 hour mark have been hardest for me…luckily that is usually around bedtime and i just go to bed LOL