Day 12 and I woke up really lethargic and tired

wow, medal of honor to ya cause you are going thru a lot!!!

but darned if ya ain’t took full control of your health thru your food intake and hitting yourself with hard challenges all for your benefit!

Rock it out! When ya get thru it all…you will have wonderful experiences to share with others and you will have fab benefits that make your well being so darn great.

So smart to tackle it and improve you :slight_smile: Keep strong!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #22

Yup, I felt out of control and I have to take back the control. My back does hurt from time to time but now I just use a hot water bottle. I broke my back in three places and the vertebrae in my neck :pensive:. Before that happened I was a very strong chick. I could do anything physically that men could do. I was really buff and could do hardcore physical stuff for hours. But since then, I just can’t do what I used to do. I still have dreams about it. I was in the back and the guy in the passenger seat died. But I see it as something big that I overcame. It made me realize not to take things for granted. I think I’m a cat with 9 lives :joy:. I must be here for a reason.

that is a lot to overcome and a very tragic event in your life.

and you are here for a reason :slight_smile:
it doesn’t have to be momentus or something over the top at all…how we interact with others and put our good vibes out there to possibly, even unknowingly, help some other people is good deeds that we can accomplish in life.

Keep a great attitude, be humble a bit as we should, be grateful and pay it forward…hey sounds like a good life to me LOL

You sound like a strong person, and even if the body took a strength hit, from what I hear from you…you are strong in character and more so that can be passed forward to others easily! Love it!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #24

Thankyou :heart:. Paying it forward it so important. Xxx

I think part of these “keto flu” symptoms might also just be part of seasonal sickness. Here where I live flu and stomach viruses are rampant. The week before I started keto back I was nauseated every evening for about a week. Thats actually one reason that I wanted to start eating right again…was tired of feeling bad, but in reality is was probably some bug going around .

(Keto Koala 🐨) #26

Where do you live? I don’t think I’ve got a bug but I do think there’s a lot of toxins going out of my body. Like the painkillers I was on for two years and stopped ect. I’m copping insomnia tonight and it’s awful c o s I’m SO tired but my legs are aching. I won’t rule the bug thing out though. I certainly have allergies. I’ve been sneezing non stop since I stopped the pain meds. They really messed with me and they are HELL to come off.

(Davy) #27

That lethargy hits EVERYONE at some time or another. It hit me several times in my first month. It’ll pass.
But will pass quicker if like several have said, to get your electrolytes. When they say electrolytes, they mean Potassium and Magnesium as well as the sodium. If only one electrolyte gets taken, but others are ignored, it can throw them out of balance and still cause problems.
So get some potassium chloride (brand called No Salt if you can get it) and a good form of Magnesium - brand called Calm is a great start.
Get 3500mg of potassium and 500mg of magnesium starting out, total for the day…in addition to your 3500mg of sodium with the pink salt. What I do, is form of mixture of all three in 6 or 8 oz and slug it down; not all the totals at one time…but say, a third the potassium, third the salt and half the magnesium. Do this twice a day, and the final third of the pot. and salt, at meals. These 3 electrolytes will create a great balance and act synergistically with each other. You’ll be seeing bright colors, rainbows, Unicorns and Elvis again.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #29

Please start another topic. This topic is focused on a real issue and please don’t derail it. Thanks.

OR Admins, please, move the post. Again, thanks.

(John) #30

@Bubby1 Aimee - Yeah, first few weeks were a roller-coaster for me, too. I would have days where I was VERY fatigued first thing in the morning. Once I had coffee, got moving, and had something for breakfast it would usually clear up.

My recommendation to you, and others starting - make a conscious decision to commit to 6 weeks. That is enough time, if you stick with a low-carb eating routine, to get past most of the carb-withdrawal symptoms, and start to gain some benefits from early fat adaptation.

THEN decide if you are getting the results you want, and it’s something you can live with doing.

If not, then try something else - like Mediterranean, or low-fat, or whatever seems like it will work for you to achieve your goals. And give that 6 weeks as well. Yes, that’s a magic number. :slight_smile:

Yep-had all those too and I am eating around 20g of carbs daily. Had a phase when my arms felt so heavy. Climbing stairs was very hard. Dead tired but woke up every night at 4 am and was awake for 2 hours. Yes yes yes.
Just a question- but are you eating 5-7 GRAMS of carbs each day, or is it 5-7% of the circular graph shown on cronometer.com? Because the percentage is not the same as the gram count. When it says 11%on the circular graph that is actually around 20g of carbs. Just asking ?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #32

I don’t use cromometer, I use carb manager. There’s no way I’m eating 20 grams of carbs. I only eat foods that have virtually no carbs in them. Lol.

OK. I am surprised at all the carbs in cauliflower and broccoli!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #34

I don’t eat neither. Lol. I was surprised that there are quite a lot of carbs in cooked spinach. I’m quite boring. For 5 days in a row I have eaten grassfed ground beef with a handful of raw iceburg lettuce and a chunk of bega tasty cheese and about 4 teaspoons of sour cream. That’s for dinner. I’m sure as I go along I will be brave enough to experiment but mainly I’ve been eating eggs and that meal. I used to LOVE tacos and I wonder if I can get a spice to add to the ground beef. Then it’s like tacos without the shell. I find in the last few days, I’m just not hungry at all. It takes like 17 hours for my stomach to growl after dinner. I used to always be hungry. In fact I have to force myself to eat. I tried Cromometer but it just wasn’t for me. I love carb manager. I’m going to go premium and they give you keto recipes and advice ect. I track all my food hours before I cook because I hate doing it :joy:. It does give me an idea what I’m eating though. Mushrooms are yummy and filling too. Xxx

(Keto Koala 🐨) #35

I totally get it. I’m the same. It takes me ages to fall to sleep and then I wake in the early hours and it takes hours to will myself back to sleep.We will get there.

Remember- eating keto has to be sustainable. If you eat the same thing every day, you are going to get tired of it. Yes- by all means- eat a modified taco meal if you love it. Check out youtube for recipes. Write “keto tacos” and look. Buy cookbooks which are keto. I love caesar salad and have a really great recipe for that. If I feel like chocolate I make an almond milk with sugar free cocoa and vanilla extract and sweetener. Dont punish yourself! You still lose weight if you keep your carbs under 20g. Yes, my appetite has dropped off too. But that doesn’t mean that WHEN I eat- I dont want to ENJOY what I eat.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #37

Yes I’m getting a bit sick of this meal now :blush:. Going to look up some recipes. Looking forward to experimenting and i also cook for my partner so they can benifit too. Xxx

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #38

Hot sauce, baby! Use liberally. Pretty much all are zero carb, zero fat and zero protein - just various combos of hot pepper juice. Tabasco, Frank’s, Cholula, Great Value and I’m sure local brands where you are. As always, read the labels. :hot_face:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #39

Awesome, will buy some tomorrow. Yep will make sure I check the labels. U drive my partner mad in the supermarket, checking every label :joy::heart: