Dawn phenomenon

I have been doing keto for almost 3 months. I’ve lost 28 pounds. I started while I was taking janumet and was on a 140 units of Lantus with uncontrolled blood sugar. I dropped 90 units of Lantus in five weeks. But then my morning blood sugar started to rise. I dropped the rest of the insulin thinking it was counterproductive to Keto. My blood sugar in the morning would continue to rise. It does fall during the day but now not enough because my sugar is so high in the morning. I see my endocrinologist in a month. Do I stay off of insulin or should I start taking it again? Yesterday when my fasting sugar was in the 188 I took a hit of insulin. Before dinner it was at 120. I had a very light dinner because I wasn’t hungry much. I had a budding beef meat package which is 9 grams of protein and one pickle. Only had brunch beforr that. Back up to 181 this morning. Whary do i need to do?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

Not all Type 2 Diabetics stop medications, work closely with your doctor in adjusting medication dosing and type(s) as your body heals. It is not counterproductive to stay on medication(s) if your glucose is not controlled.

Here’s resources for speaking with your doctor

Information on Dawn Phenomenon will help in understanding why your morning BG may be high
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/