Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Virginia ) #441

Thanks @Iced. :slight_smile: Yes, he has always been the love of my life from the beginning.:heart::heart::heart:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #442

Such young’uns. :blush:

Same here. :kissing_heart: - Love ya…

(Virginia ) #444

Love you too. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Tamela Robinette) #445

So sweet :heart::heart::heart:

Week 40: Well, it was quite a nice surprise to see a decent number for this week. (Hopefully this trend will continue?) Down -3.5 lbs this week. I’m presently on day 3 of giving up Dairy, as well as Nuts and Chocolate. (This will be for the Month of March, mostly to see if it helps with inflammation, namely my sinuses. I will also make any necessary adjustments for anything after the Month is over.) So it will all depend on the results that I get as to what I may or may not do afterwards, as far as adjustments.

Well, this sucks… Just got word that we have to go into work tonight, and just in a few hours, for another snow storm that ‘may’ produce some accumulations? So looks like I won’t be getting any sleep, not to mention that todays mid-day meal will probably turn into an OMAD, or even a small EF. (I hate eating at work, so probably will just wait until tomorrow night’s meal.) Which is cool I guess since I’ve been wanting to put in some smaller Fast, instead of just doing 4 and 5 day Fast. … Still sucks. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Janelle) #448

That stinks. Sorry but it sounds like you can make the best of it.

I certainly try to. :slight_smile: … Now if V will just hit the lottery, I can retire & stay home and watch the snow! :smile:

(Jane) #450

Congrats on getting your weight loss going again. I know you’ve been a bit frustrated since your surgery.

Thanks :slight_smile: - And yeah, it has been a little frustrating just not knowing the main cause of this, which if it was simply the healing process, that’s cool and understandable. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I was doing causing it? (Though I think I’m doing everything as I was?)… Seems V and my Son have both had similar issues at this same time, of just stalling or bounces around a pound or so. Though V has been doing really great with her past few weigh-ins, our Son is still up & down a pound or two, and seems to be stalled. … Think he may even be joining me here shorty on giving up Dairy. We still have some things still here, so he might give it a go in the next week or so. :slight_smile:

Those that didn’t catch it in some of my recent food pics, V’s bracelet showed up. … Here’s a pic, with her and her cold hands. :slight_smile: She’s been staying cold these days, but she was out at a family outing, and said her hands have been cold today. It’s her Onederland Bracelet I ordered a week or so ago.

And yes, those are her real claws. :crazy_face:

(Virginia ) #453

That’s great Honey, finally your numbers are going in the right direction again. Love you. :kissing_heart:

(Virginia ) #454

I’m trying Honey. :blush:

Thank you, I love it. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Tamela Robinette) #455

I find I am cold ALL THE TIME lately. As a woman who is/was in the full throes of menopause and literally sweating day and night even when it was 20 degrees outside, I don’t know which is worse. I take that back, cold is worse. I hate cold. Every time I say I’m cold hubby says “it’s because you’re so skinny.” Lol. He’s a little jealous of my success but he’s getting there, just a little slower. Anyway, I’ve resorted to sitting on a heating pad at work and occasionally I sit on my hands to warm them up lol. Your bracelet is lovely V, what a thoughtful man you have! That is awesome that he took the time to do that for you. Reminds me of my hubby, he’s a pretty sentimental fellow, which took me some getting used to early in our relationship.

Thanks and I’m just hoping it continues this trend now. :kissing_heart: Love ya too…

Yeah, V’s been going through that as well, and for a while now. (Being cold I mean.) And she usually tells me about her hands mostly, and they are indeed cold. … As far as the change, we have discussed that possibility as well. But she would have to speak on that herself. But it could be part of it? - I’m just really looking forward to Spring and Summer this time around. It’s just been one of those years. :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #457

I’ve only become chronically cold in the past month, and yeah it’s mostly my hands but sometimes I’m chilled right to the bone and here in North Carolina we haven’t even had a cold winter :woman_shrugging:

Yeah, we are just north of ya in MD, and the weather has been just pretty much sloppy and wet all season. … Cold hasn’t been too bad, but we have had some dips in the single digits. Just hoping Spring kicks in as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Well, taking the day off since my stupid knee is still bothering me. Been about 3 days now, and the knee is definitely puffy/swollen. Kind-of feels numbed up some, but also sore and tight. So trying to rest up and hope it feels better tomorrow. … V woke me this morning to the smell of Bacon cooking, after I sent out an e-mail to work at 5am that I wasn’t coming in, then made myself go back to sleep . … Been icing it some to hopefully help with swelling, but this has been happening since my inner meniscus strain some years back. Seems to happen when I drive a bit more than normal. I know my work Jeep doesn’t help with this because the seat seems to cut off circulation under my knee, since it points somewhat upward and no way to adjust it otherwise. ? Dunno, most is just guessing, based off past occurrences.

I don’t think I’m seeing any fluid retention in my legs or anywhere else presently to show it’s just fluid retention itself causing this, or at least not as I can tell. But again this has happened a handful of times & I can usually tell when it’s coming on. Couple days of slight numb/swelling & gets worse from there.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #460

Knee troubles are no fun. Hope you get better.