Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Tamela Robinette) #421

I know you had to go into work for the snow storm but was just checking on you to see how your added activity is working out and if you felt a difference in the inflammation yet. Hope you’re doing well!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #422

I know it is tough to recover from surgery and suffering through the retaining of water is annoying also, but in the end I am sure things will even out and go back to where they were.

The walking will probably help with water retention.

Don’t forget to drink enough water to flush it all out.

Feel better.

Thanks, Tamela. :slight_smile: But yes, I think it may indeed be helping. I was actually just saying yesterday that my knee doesn’t seem to be as bad. I mean, I still feel a slight soreness overall, but it seems to be less so and not directed on the side where I had the Inner Meniscus Strain. More of a slight overall pain, but not bothering me. … I also mentioned that I didn’t think the indentations in my lower legs were as bad the past two days either, so it might be helping with fluid retention? I didn’t get to walk much during the storm itself, but I’m back at it today some and actually taking a personal day tomorrow just to get away for a bit, but also want to get some more activities in. :slight_smile:

Yes Ma’am, it surely is indeed. - And I’m really starting to think all the lounging around (and yes, as directed to rest up and heal) is probably a main component to this. So I’m hoping the added activity is indeed helping as it appears, but also back to getting some much needed Fasting in too. … V was talking about checking Ketone levels, few nights ago, and I went ahead & checked mine. It was low, as I thought it might be. Think it was 0.3? - But it should be much higher now, since I’m 68.5 hrs. into a Fast presently. (which is another thing I haven’t been doing as much of, and will be back in the mix)

Thanks again :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #424

Dave that is great news!

Just ordered this for V yesterday for her wonderful journey so far! :slight_smile:

(Jessica) #426

You’re a thoughtful hubby. What a great way to memorialize this journey!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #427

I love it, so cute!

(Virginia ) #428

Thanks Honey… love it. :slight_smile: Love you.:kissing_heart:

You’re welcome. Love ya too… as they say around here. :wink:

Week 39: Well, looks like I’m still playing jump-rope with this 1 lb. since my surgery. It doesn’t know it, but I’m hoping to kick it in the ass come next week. :smile: … But really I’m cool with it. Just enjoying being back to eating Keto meals, as well as getting some fasting in. But also looking to get back into the swing of things full-time here shortly. Still taking it easy to make sure not to overdo anything, but should be a good move going forward.

(Virginia ) #430

You and me both Honey. :slight_smile: :wink: Good luck to us both, love you. :kissing_heart:

Someone’s been going through old photos… but I won’t say who. :smile: … Here’s one of the many she sent me the other night. ‘1983’ V was 15 … I was 17 or 18? Not sure on the month it was taken?

You guys are just too much :heart_eyes: :smiley:

Thanks, Safi. :slight_smile: … I told her she needed to scan some of the older photos in, so she will have them digitally. So the other day she started scanning some. Here’s one of her and our Son, 1987. One of her favorite images. (Of course, it was in one of those old photo-booths they used to have everywhere.)

Edited to replace with the lighter image. But it is more cropped?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #434

Can’t say enough.

Just lovely :slightly_smiling_face: And how nice that you found eachother so young.

Thank you both kindly. :slight_smile: … Yep, it was nice we met early indeed. :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #437

Thank you for sharing. I love happy endings!

(Jessica) #438

Y’all are so cute! Love the photos.

(Virginia ) #439

Thank you Ladies. :slight_smile: @anon54735292, @Regina and @jessOTR

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #440

You can see the love in your eyes for each other. It’s a great pic.