Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Thanks, much appreciated! :slight_smile: … And actually yes changing it from “hobby” to “work” can take away the love of it. this is what I’ve always thought, and have mentioned it many times over the years. (But my Wife has been telling me I should sell my art since we’ve been together, nearly 36 years, but she says I never listen to her?) … Guess she proved me right, huh? :smile: - Not to mention the art world has changed a lot in my time. :slight_smile: There’s a much bigger outlet for it nowadays.

(Cindy) #382

Maybe the key is to do it as a hobby, as in, when you feel like it and are enjoying it…but then once it’s done, sell it. :wink:

I debated, a very long time ago, trying to have a career in writing. But when I thought about meeting deadlines or not having a paycheck, I was like “nope, not happening.” Now, if I could have written as a hobby and then sold some of it…maybe.

Ok, so to say I’m not a ‘Candle’ person, would be a massive understatement! :flushed: … My Wife on the other hand, is the complete opposite, absolutely loving candles. … But the other day I was actually thinking I might like to have one for my office and mentioned it to her. (and she gave me one, that I have yet to take to the office) … BUT, tonight, actually just a few moments ago, I had an idea… So I just went on-line and checked, and now I REALLY want one of these!!! :grin: Or something like it.

Yep, a MEAT SCENTED candle! :smile: … Also saw a BBQ one that sounds pretty cool.

(Jessica) #384

I’m afraid that might mess with my satiety signals!

This is pretty much what I have done most of my life, being I have done some Commercial Art. (sold some stuff in school, I’ve painted some window fronts and signs for businesses/stores growing up, did some air-brushing (mostly on vehicles) but once on our Niece’s nails. :smile: That was fun, took almost all night! … But yeah, nowadays, I just do it when I feel I’m in the mood. But I do keep an open mind for the possibility of doing more in years to come. :slight_smile: - The wife said I will be doing her nails soon as well. :slight_smile:

(Cindy) #386

You need to post a pic of that when you’re done! They’ll probably look amazing!

I surely will. She wishes I had taken a photo of our Nieces. It was a beach scene with sunset and birds in the sky. Honestly, a PITA! taking so long, but was fun. :slight_smile: I actually cut stencils for most of it, which took a while. And, I only did it once!

Sorry, I should have actually just posted this, but was wearing blinders when I saw the Meat/Steak flavored candle. They actually do have the BBQ and Hamburger. Here’s the link for anyone interested.

https://a1meatscents.com/

(Running from stupidity) #389

Now you can write and give it away on forums :slight_smile:

Are you worried you might eat it?

(Jessica) #391

I’m worried it would cause me to go looking for something to eat!

Just wanted to throw this in here. … But I had my visit this morning for my follow up with the surgeon who did my Hernia Surgery. She said everything looks great and when I asked about when I could get back to working out, she said that should be fine, but to just ease my way back into it, not overdoing it, and to listen to my body. So I’m hoping to start doing exactly this, maybe starting this weekend. :slight_smile:

The area where they did the surgical procedure appears to be healing well. Though for some reason, it’s showing up ever more red in the pictures? The wife even said it’s not that red when looking at it, but in the images it does show much darker? Can’t say why, but you can see that it is indeed healing well though. :slight_smile: … And yep, even the hair is growing back some and I don’t ming telling ya, that I don’t miss the damn itching either. :flushed: Though I think my Belly-Dancing career may be over. :crazy_face:

and images from before…

(Laurie) #393

Not to worry. Cameras “see” differently from human eyes. I’m glad you’re healing!

(Janelle) #394

Wow - literally looks like a paw scratch from one of the dogs, rather than major surgery (I know you have the puppies).

Thank you ladies. :slight_smile: … I think it’s healing well, but I can still feel where the work was done. Hoping over the next couple months, this too smooths out even more.

Week 38: Well, another week and nothing great to report unfortunately. Was hoping to continue the downward trend after at least not having a gain last week following the gains the couple week following the surgery. But apparently no. Shows I’m +1 again this week, but, I can say that I do know I’m definitely holding fluids still. … When I take my socks off after working all day, the indentations left in my legs are showing this to be the case. - It wasn’t before the surgery, and appears this has been happening ever since. :neutral_face: … I actually thought this might be the case for the past couple weeks, and even mentioned this to my Wife. I’m now thinking of trying to incorporate more anti-inflammatory ingredients into meals to see if it helps with this? And at the same time, making sure I’m not consuming anything that would add to this issue. Plus, I haven’t been Fasting much, which I know also helps with this. :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #397

Just curious, Dave. Did you start any new meds since your procedure?

No, just what they had me on following the procedure including fluids, & I don’t take any meds normally. But I did take a lot of cough syrup (Robitussin) & a lot of Halls for nearly a week and a half when I was sick. (This was about two weeks or so after the surgery) And they do have a lot of junk/carbs in them, such as syrup, sugars, etc. - So I stopped taking them as soon as I could, not wanting to have any of that in me. But needed something at the time to get better … But seems I’ve been retaining ever since?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #399

I wonder if you stopped moving as much during recovery. I picture your leg muscles moving that fluid out (mechanically) through activity. Do you find yourself sitting more (or did you) due to pain or fear of hurting your incision? And have you tried elevating your legs or wearing (dread) compression to help?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #400

I don’t have edema issues, but if I get stuck on one press for hours and look down, I see the edema around my sock elastic and start moving and stretching and rotating feet to help. It annoys me to death.