Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Well, after some mediocre rest last night, I woke early this morning (nothing new there) since I had a Dentist Appointment for a cleaning. Only to receive a text message not long after taking the pups out, that they had to cancel my appointment due to their hygienist’s having to have Emergency Surgery. … As sorry as I was to hear this, I was actually quite happy that I didn’t have to go in. I’m actually feeling quite [spoiler]shitty[/spoiler] at the moment. … And I know things have been going on, but this is really getting old.

My head is still stuffy, and I’m sitting here feeling quite queasy, which I’ve been feeling since waking. I’m actually not quite sure what the hell to do? I’m just so sick of laying around, and I actually told V last night that for the first time since switching over to Keto, I actually feel like I’m fatter or heavier, like I’ve gained 50 lbs. just in the past week or so? - I mean I know my last couple weeks I’ve picked up like 9 lbs., and the way I’m feeling still, I wouldn’t be surprised to see even more on tomorrow morning’s weigh in. … But as much as I don’t care about those numbers, it does suck to continually feel like this.

On the flip side, @DoggieMom is not only feeling better now, she is doing absolutely fantastic, and I’m so very happy for her. She’s had 2 great weeks back to back, and should be posting her info soon. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #362

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather. @DoggieMom seems to be doing the work of the two of year. Great Job Virginia.

(Jessica) #363

I’m sorry you’re still feeling so crappy. Think you should go to the doctor to make sure it’s not…something?

Thanks, Eric & Jessica. :slight_smile: I’m hoping it passes soon as well, because it’s really starting to get me down. And yes Ma’am, if it continues into next week, I may well be seeing our Doctor. But she’s out of town presently on vacation. (As mentioned, she’s also our neighbor, so we’ll see when they are back)

Week 36: Was hoping to see some change this week, and not going up is indeed just that. :neutral_face: Seems I’ve at least stopped adding any additional weight, and hopefully it’s the proverbial top of the slope, which I’m hoping starts going back down now. … But only time will tell.

(Virginia ) #366

Thanks Honey and sorry you are still feeling bad.

(Virginia ) #367

Thanks Eric

(Virginia ) #368

Honey, things will get better… give yourself some time. Again, you been through a lot… you will get back on track.:wink::kissing_heart:

Just wanted to post this on here. It’s something a special someone just sent me on FB… :smile:

Good going, Dave. At least remind yourself that you are no longer 320lbs! :slight_smile: I’m impressed how quickly you’ve been recovering from surgery like that.

At least you’ve proven that what you were doing works REALLY well in just 36 weeks. Keep going with that and you’ll be right back on track once your body is done healing.

Thanks, Gaff. Yeah, believe me I do. I’m am glad I’ve done this well so far, but like you mentioned recently in your thread… It’s been a little rough lately for me too. With everything going on with me at work, home, etc. And then not being able to do much is really wearing me down some. … I have been taking it easy, and not doing anything that would cause me any issues, but can’t wait to get passed this. Not rushing it, but still wishing it to be over. :slight_smile: … I can say I’ve at least started back to doing some artwork recently, and that’s been enjoyable. And I’m hoping after my followup with the surgeon on the 11th, I will get the ok to at least start doing some things I haven’t been able to. :slight_smile: … Thanks again.

Week 37: Another week in the books, and at least it is indeed back to a negative number this week, opposed to anything in the plus category. Not much over all, but definitely back in the right direction for once. - Down -1 lb., so hopefully this continues to dive back to where it was at, pre-surgery. :slight_smile:

(Jessica) #373

Sometimes all we need is to see we aren’t going in the wrong direction.

:+1::wink:

(Virginia ) #375

You are still doing great Honey. :slight_smile: I know it’s taking some time, but you are getting back on track and healing well. :slight_smile: A pound loss is still a loss. :slight_smile: :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I bet that 1-1/2 lb. Steak I ate also didn’t help! … But it was damn good… :smile:

(Virginia ) #377

I’m sure it was. :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

(Cindy) #378

LOVE those colors! Bet it’s even more gorgeous in person!

Thanks. :slight_smile: … This one was actually done on the computer using Photoshop. :slight_smile: I wish I had done it in Oils though!

(Cindy) #380

It’s still crazy talent to be able to see it in your head and then be able to translate it to whatever medium. And yes, you should consider selling your artwork if that’s something that interests you. I know for some people, changing it from “hobby” to “work” can take away the love of it.