Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Best of luck with the lurgy and the storm :grimacing:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #642

The flu is still hitting our area really hard this year. Just saying. Dave get well.

Thanks, and I am starting to feel a little better. Soon as I do though, it seems to pick up steam. But though I don’t think I got 4 hours sleep last night, I am breathing a little better though. … Hopefully It’s coming to an end? Plan to stay laid up to help with this, and be over it by end of the weekend. :crossed_fingers:

Eric, hope the storms didn’t hit ya too bad, it kind of skirted our area, both West and East of us so we didn’t get hit as they expected thankfully.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #644

We were fine here. Lots of rain and no significant wind. Bug nearby it was worse.

Week 47: Well first off, I’m still sick unfortunately! :nauseated_face: I don’t get sick like this often, maybe but once every 3 to 5 years, but it still sucks. … And it’s honestly driving me up the freakin’ walls presently! Mostly still have a bad cough I can’t seem to shake and constantly coughing up junk. (Now a more dry cough - I also posted a couple days ago that I knew with all the sweating I’ve been doing with constant fever breaks and waking up soaked, that I knew I was losing some water retention as well. Mostly noticed it around my knee that had been puffy, as well as around my Abdomen area. Well this morning weigh-in confirms this, showing me down -8.5 lbs. So if I can now get rid of this damn cough.

Good to hear. The bad thing about this time of year, are the storms. Hopefully it stays mild.

Also wanted to note that since I’m still sick, I won’t be attending our neighbors place as we do each year for Easter. (Like we do at Thanksgiving) But they will still be getting a Cheese Cake though. As my wife told them, it’s more like a tradition for me to make one, since they used to ask me each time, but with me being sick, they said they understand. … So I had V make it. :slight_smile: Walked her through it step by step and just stayed back away from it all. Came out great and only the second time ever that I’ve got her to make one. She makes everything else, but doesn’t like all the work needed for Cheese Cakes, such as building the crust, etc. But I’m sure they will enjoy and appreciate it. :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #646

I used to make several a year but since going keto have not made any. My youngest daughter is carrying on the tradition at college.She makes 1 or 2 / semester and sends me pictures.

Dave GET WELL…

(Jane) #647

Hope you kick that crud to the curb soon. It really sucks.

Glad you got rid of the fluid retention and sorry you will miss your traditional Easter dinner.

Did V make a keto or regular cheesecake?

Me too. :face_with_thermometer: It sucks in a major way, just laying about and watching some stuff.

Same here on the fluid retention. I kind-of expected it, but I did drink two Sprite Zero’s Thursday and Friday, hoping it would help some, which it does appear to have done. So I was unsure on results…

Nope, a regular Cheese Cake. They know I make a Keto-Version, but none are Keto and they also like the Cherry topping in thick sauce, so that alone would kill it for Keto, not to mention the sugar. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #649

Dave, I’m sad for you and V. But time will heal this thing that has you by the throat. Still wishing you to get well now.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #650

Hope you’re feeling better, Dave!! May the pickles be able to be tasted in full enjoyment very soon!

Thanks, Dena. … I actually went to work this morning, but ended up leaving a few hours early just feeling a bit out of sorts still. Plus I’m off tomorrow to take Shelby to have the hard cast removed and into a soft cast. Hoping I’m feeling better by Wednesday. :+1: … Pickles are back in tonight as well. :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #652

Get better. It sounds awful, the cough, and it’s gone on so long.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #653

Dave glad you are improving even if slowly.

I’m sure Shelby will be happy with getting the hard cast removed.

Thanks, Regina and Eric. Yeah, it has been a pain, and will be a week tomorrow. Mostly just need to get rid of this cough out of me now. Feels like someone used a wire-brush on my throat and chest, and I keep getting coughing fits which sucks and feels like my head’s going to explode. … Though I’m feeling a bit better, I’m still not feeling right. - Took Shelby today and yeah, being in the soft cast is definitely an improvement. She will get it off for good on May 6th. So just one more visit should take care of it.

I’ve still been eating ok, doing OMAD, so not getting sick to the stomach really. But Just feeling like I want to. And have been getting really bad headaches, which I haven’t had for quite some time, years. That and still running fevers, but not as bad. This seems to be lightening up some now, but my head is still congested which sucks and my eyes have been a mess for days as well. Today’s long drive and wait on Shelby made me feel really bad, so came home popped some Advil and crashed after a bite.

(Virginia ) #655

I’m so sorry Honey, I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better… I know it’s been rough. :frowning: I know it is not the way you want to lose it, but you did get a good number this week -8.5 … love you.:kissing_heart:

Thanks Eric, glad you guys made it through the storms the other day.

Oh, I know. Losing the extra fluids is just the only bonus to being so sick, but yeah, I’ll take it when it comes. :slight_smile: Love ya too… :wink: Now I Just need to figure out what the hell this eye issue is, and get some more meds for it today. Not trying to keep taking off work.

Not sure if anyone else has even had this, but for the past couple/few days, my eyes have really been bothering me now. Weird thing is, for two days I’ve had some type of ‘goop’? in them. While blinking, it’s like there’s some sort of clear gunk that moves around, and when it covers the iris, I can’t see through it. My vision just gets very blurry, like I’m looking through a film of goop, or filmy substance? - I think I’ve had it before many years ago, and my only thought it that it’s infection? It’s almost like a piece of tissue is stuck to my eye and moves around while blinking, repositioning as it does. … It also gets in the corners and I have done my best to try to keep it cleaned out, feeling slimy to the touch. (Like eye snot or something) I’m also waking with loads of crusty build up, which I’m also cleaning, so I’m thinking this is just part of my being sick? But my eyes are quite sore and inflamed presently from all the rubbing.

Tried to get a shot, showing how inflamed my eyes feel presently.

(Tamela Robinette) #657

You may need to see an eye doctor Dave? For some antibiotic eyedrops I mean. Your eyes look dangerously infected. I had something similar and when I went to the eye doctor he said it was good I went in cause I could of lost my eyesight. I forget what it was called but it was a nasty eye infection. Does lights bother you? That was one of the symptoms, that lights felt like daggers being stabbed through my eyes.

I’ve always been sensitive to bright lights, but this I think may be more to do with my trying to keep my eyes cleared, or constantly messing with them. … But I do have a call into our Doctor and awaiting her call. - My eyes didn’t get like this until a couple days ago, when I started finding the gunk in them. So far today, I haven’t had too many issues, but they are still agitated and itchy. :slight_smile: … Thanks.

(Ellen) #659

Looks like conjunctivus or some other lovely infection, you can usually get drops from a chemist’s but if it’s been a few days Dr might be better to get stronger ones. Hope you’re better soon.

I’m not sure if you can get drops for conjunctivitis (which is what it sounds like) OTC in the states. You probably need to see your doc, because it rarely clears up on its own and can, if uncontrolled, cause damage to your eyes. It doesn’t look super bad yet.