Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #301

Glad your on the mend and back at work. Antibiotics can cause weight gain all by themselves. I am sure once you are off of everything it will melt off.

Thanks, John & Iced. … And yep, I already stopped taking those meds, so hopefully things will change up. :slight_smile:

I know being back to work today was actually nice since being laid up so long, but honestly I was still feeling a little blah and with a headache, which made the day go by so very slow. … But more so, everyone who wanted to stop in and chat. - From field personnel to fellow management, seems they’ve been waiting for my return. But I will be working e-mails for the rest of the week easily, (Over 400 un-read) so plan to minimize any time needed outside, especially since it was only about 12° last night and didn’t much more than freezing today.

Nearly 35 years, I’m really starting to hate the Weather. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Especially the damn Rain & Snow!

Well, I’ve been doing OMAD all week, but today threw in a mid-day meal being I’m at home again, and to be honest, I’m just sick of tasting this infectious smell/taste from this stupid Head-congestion. … But I did actually sleep some today, being I’ve felt quite tired lately. So that seems to have helped some.

I am planning to do some Fasting after this weekend, especially if I’m finally over this crap. :neutral_face:

I also want to make sure to set some time aside this weekend to do some things. I know I still can’t do anything too excessive, but may see about getting the wood splitter out and have my Son split some more wood for the Wife. … With everything that’s been going on, she hasn’t been able to burn much. And believe me, that Pyro loves to burn wood! :smile: It also helps heat the house and cuts back on the heating bill. :slight_smile: I also plan to at least attempt to do some Artwork, since it’s been about a year since I did any, and I actually have a couple things I’ve been asked if I would do for a couple folks.

(Jane) #304

What kind of art do you do? (besides bake delicious cheesecakes! :stuck_out_tongue:)

Traditionally, I’ve always just loved Sketching with Pencils mostly, but I have done some Pen & Ink, Airbrush, Charcoals, etc. (Mostly in late 70’s early/mid 80’s. But then off and on ever since) … But about 10-12 years ago? I hadn’t been doing much of anything for a while, and I came across a magazine with some artwork that was done digitally, using Photoshop. (And it just happened to be the type of artwork I had always done myself and enjoyed. Fantasy/Sci-Fi/etc.) - You still basically sketch out the image/s, but it can then be scanned in and finished up using PS, or any number of other graphic programs they have now-a-days. - I found this to be quite nice, especially since I could work them up on the computer, but I still like to go back and do stuff on paper only, like back in the ‘old days’. :woozy_face::smile:

Here’s the last image that I did, which was done back in November/December of 2017? So yeah, a little over a year ago. Was just an image that came to mind one day, so I sketched it out and worked it up, because a few folks on Facebook were asking me about my artwork. (Mostly folks that knew me when I was growing up and wondered if I was still doing any type of artwork.) :slight_smile:

This was the initial sketch I did, though I did change it up, being I had Bat-Type wings on it at first. But I didn’t feel they fit well, and wanted it to have a softer feel for the overall image.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #307

Great artwork. I love this type of stuff. It just lets your imagination soar.

Being creative releases a lot of stress for me. Usually when I am stressed I don’t have time for art.

It’s nice that during your convalescing you are able to do art.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #308

Dave you have to get back to this. I plan on taking up drawing when I retire and maybe preceding retirement. There are two that I did a few years ago:

Thanks, Iced. And yep, that’s always been the biggest part for me, just creating stuff from imagination. I’ve never been one to look at stuff and draw it, but can see the appeal. But I much rather the image come only from my mind. :slight_smile: And yes, I usually find it quite relaxing. There’s times when all time seem to stand still and before I know it I’ve spent days doing nothing else. … But these days, it usually takes an image to pop in my head before I start laying it out. But once I do, I usually work on it for quite a while.

That’s cool, Eric. And yeah, Artwork has always been something I’ve thought of doing after retirement as well. But I still don’t know when that might be. :slight_smile: … But looking good. I always drew mostly Fantasy Art, but did start doing Portrait like images over the past few years, and really like working on stuff like the eyes, mouth, nose, etc. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #310

Nice work, guys! I can hardly draw a straight line with a ruler and pencil.

(Jessica) #311

Same here! Amazing artwork, Dave!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #312

I enjoy sketching, but love pottery. I am not sure with my lungs if I will ever be able to go back to the wheel.

My hubs got me an iPad I can sketch on and I have really been enjoying it.

Thanks, @juice @jessOTR :slight_smile:

Very cool. Hopefully you’ll post something you do one day? :slight_smile:

Here’s an Image I did back in 2012, named Mother’s Embrace. It’s one that a lot of folks over the years have commented on. Some have said they find it disturbing, yet loving at the same time, etc. Others have simply asked me what the hell makes me think of such stuff? :smile: But it’s one that just seemed to speak to some people, or at least makes them want or need to say something about it.

(Running from stupidity) #314

#EXTREMEKETO

Thanks, but it says I have to wait 40 minutes to thank you… Or did I just do that? :thinking: :smile:

:hearts: … This will work. :slight_smile:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #316

One of my vases still in use.

Very nice, V said she has always wanted to try doing pottery herself, but hasn’t yet. :slight_smile:

She also asked a few moments ago, if you had ever tried Crocheting? (She’s under the covers, sitting in the chair behind me presently.) :slight_smile: She loves doing Crocheting, and has produced some nice stuff.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #318

I did a lot when I was younger. The last thing I did was about 7 years ago when I was taking care of my brother for three weeks and did an afghan to pass the time in the hospital and later at his house. I left it there since he pointed out it matched his couch so he should keep it😂. I haven’t done any for a while. I enjoy working with my hands and creating things. Is she feeling better?

Yeah, she’s over the extreme coughing now, but still congested some. She said she still feels a little blah. … Said she needs to get on here and update her thread too, since she hasn’t updated it in the past few weeks or so. So hopefully @DoggieMom will get on here soon to catch up some. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #320

Nice work!