Dark Chocolate

That’s pretty cool. Didn’t know some places did that. :slight_smile:

I’m sure that somehow it’s more for their benefit than ours but it’s still cheap Lindt 90% so I’ll take it :wink:

YES - this Sam’s dark chocolate is the ONLY one buy and I stock up on it!

if they ever stop selling it I will cry!!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #25

Whoa Nelly, that is a European label. It’s 5, not 1. For three squares. Which works to 1.7 per square. Which is pretty solid. But is not 1 Net for a serve.

(Cindy) #26

I count total carbs for everything…except chocolate. :smiley: Chocolate is not a food, it’s a nutritional necessity, like getting salt, magnesium, potassium, etc. LOL

(John) #27

I know you meant that jokingly, but you are not too far off the mark. Pure chocolate has a number of health benefits.

However, you don’t need to eat much of it to get those benefits. I eat a small amount of 100% dark chocolate several times a week as a treat along with decaf coffee in the evenings. Because there is no added sugar it doesn’t trigger cravings or desire for bingeing (at least not for me), and I can just enjoy a couple of squares without eating more.

Proof of that - I bought four 3.5oz bars of the Montezuma’s Absolute Dark 100% chocolate in mid-October and I am just about to finish up the 4th bar, so that was about a 2 month’s supply.

(Cindy) #28

I don’t know if I’d like 100% dark. You should send me some so I can try it. :rofl:

(Bob M) #29

I usually do 80-85% and sometimes 90% chocolate. To me, it takes like dirt, so it doesn’t trigger any cravings. If I want something “sweet”, I’ll break up dark chocolate into yogurt (full fat, of course), and add in some dried coconut. That’s all the sweetness I need.

A bit expensive, though. A 3.5 ounce bar where I am costs about $4. I found them on sale for 2/$5, and bought a bunch. I will often buy several different types and do a taste test. Usually, Lindt is the worst.

(Mary) #30

I’m in the UK for the winter, and happily taste-testing all the dark chocolate :grinning:

The latest - Arriba 95% from Lidl is pretty bad. 1.6gm carb per square but I really don’t want more than a square anyway… Green & Black’s 85% however (2.3gm for the same amount), I have to hide it from myself :joy: