Dang, the body is complex (hormone and peptide secretion, higher protein or not, low carb)

(Bob M) #1

Here’s a study where they compared high protein low fat (HPLF) with low protein high hat (LPHF) and also medium protein, medium fat (MPMF) but low carb meals.

Here are the conclusions:

### Conclusions

In subjects consuming low carbohydrate meals, higher concentrations of proteins to fat seem to have more favorable effects on postprandial appetite hormones.

In other words, the for hormones they looked at (ghrelin, an appetite-increasing hormone, and PYY, a peptide), these were better for higher protein.

This had the obvious shortcomings of only 8 MEN (yes, it’s almost always men), normal weight, although they gave all the different meals to all the men.

However, maybe people like me, who think higher protein is more filling, aren’t crazy. :grinning:

This could also explain why some people react differently, if they have a different response. With only 8 men in this study, that’s not enough to know how others who are overweight or who are female or who have messed up systems will react.

(Troy) #2

For the visual like myself

The Science Infograph

And this…

The Fun Word Association

For me
Ghrelin - reminds me of the word Gremlin always!!
So cute😉

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Fat and protein have their distinct satiety mechanisms. I have posted about this on a few threads Bob. Most KETO people are focused on the fat satiety mechanism but the Peptide PYY and protein mechanism is what’s more commonly talked about outside KETO. :cowboy_hat_face: