Curious how many “addicts” on here

I could probably find some pics of me with facial hair with the greys, I wind up with 3 day growth enough to pull that off, I’ll see what I can find.

(Butter Withaspoon) #22

Of course keto reverses the batterings of time on hormones skin hair joints energy. And for freeeee!!
Another addictive personality here. I cultivate my tea addiction for its safety and try to control the worst of the others

(Robin) #23

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

Just noticed my typo, tribe is what I was thinking, but on reflection trip might also be appropriate. :joy::joy:

(Marianne) #25

“…a second set for free!”

:rofl:

(Susan) #26

It is called Runescape --I have been playing it since 2004 (my two sons got me started on it back then but neither of them plays it now!) hehe.

I am a slave to my nucleus accumbens.

(Alex ) #28

I definitely have an addictive personality, which is driven directly by my emotions. I have absolutely had on off relationships with food, alcohol and recreational/medicinal drugs through periods in my life and not ashamed to say this either.

Some of it is driven by a need for escapism, some is related to patterns of life where I’ve been depressed or shy or anxious or whatever. I think once you find a crux / relief for anything in your life, you can be addicted very quickly to it.

(Alex ) #29

relate to the slippery slope!

(Robin) #30

Oh, Alex… you are so right not to be ashamed of your addictions or past! I purposefully “put it out there” because I think the world needs to see addicts look just like them. I grew up in the 70’s. My first addiction was speed. Then anorexia. (Both were common for girls my age back then.) Then I enjoyed every drug that came my way. I am fortunate that neither cocaine or heroine were ever offered, because my answer was always, let’s go! I think I just love a high. A damn good buzz. The two times I was put on pain meds as an adult (the good stuff), I knew I had met my match and was able to give them back after a couple glorious days. Cigarettes and food were definitely escapism. Blessed escapism. Like me, you can probably become obsessive over anything. I hope we are both able to hold on to this healthy addiction. Good for us!

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

I am a bread addict. I have switched from grainy breads to other forms of bread. I still eat too much bread sometimes, but I do not consume it in the amounts I used to eat grain breads, thus my successful maintenance on this WOE. But honestly, I am addicted to breads.

(Tracy) #32

I am a recovering carb addict. I’ve been scared straight. Witness what happens to a person when they have a stroke from diabetes and it causes vascular dementia.

(Alex ) #33

never say never!

(Tovan Nhsh) #34

I’ve played Runescape myself :slight_smile: it’s what I gravitate towards in between World of Warcraft episodes.

(Tracy) #35

I realized I didn’t really answer your question. I do have an addictive personality. I’ve always hated that I have an “all or nothing” attitude because that meant when I was eating carbs, I’d make a batch of bread pudding and eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between meals. It also meant that my diets were strict until I got tired enough of starving and I’d go back to the other end of the eating spectrum. Keto has been the only sustainable lifestyle I’ve ever had. No more hunger, no more blood sugar spikes and drops to recover from, and I get to eat the foods I love knowing they are fueling me. It took me witnessing dementia, becoming a mother, and being in my 40’s to have the maturity to straighten up about my health. Keto came at the right time in my life.

(Jane) #36

Well… on a business trip this week we ate at a restaurant that had homemade pasta. Decided the carbs would be worth it so ordered the chicken fettuccine in vodka sauce.

Haven’t had anything like that in over 2 years except for our Italy vacation where we walked all the carbs off. Didn’t apply since spent all day in meetings in front of a computer.

I ate all the chicken and only a few bites of the pasta. Was delicious, but left most of it. Was happy I could satisfy an itch but maintain control.

(Jane) #37

I know some have to abstain because they can’t control their cravings and I have the utmost respect for those that do.

But not everyone is in that boat and my post is to give hope to some that after you are on maintenance and burning fat most of the time… that an occasional indulgence in ONE MEAL of carbs is not the end of the world. And since I left most of the pasta I call that a win

(Robin) #38

So many of us are ALL OR NOTHING. It’s a blessing and a curse.

My name is Mavro, and I am a carb addict. :slight_smile:

Earlier in life I was addicted to Coke and other soft drinks. I wouldn’t drink water, it HAD to be a sugary beverage. Having a local 7-11 with a constant special of 1L of sugary sweetness for .69 didn’t help. Neither did having cases of that crap delivered on a weekly basis. Restaurants with free refills… I remember having 8 servings, just because.

I thankfully quit sugary drinks about 20 years ago. I recognized I couldn’t do it in moderation. Even today, when I smell someone with freshly opened Coke, I remember the old feelings, the taste, the crispness. I could easily fall off the wagon if I have one, so I chose not to.

Now doing keto, the only sweet things that I might crave from time to time is ice cream (grew up with the stuff) and Red Velvet cheesecake , particularly from Cheesecake Factory.

I am a chocoholic, but I find that keto has some good low carb substitutes.

(Robin) #40

Hi Mavro! You are also describing my husband. He walked away from Dr Pepper. I would have bet against that ever happening.